• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vettemike

Reaction score
4DC7842E-E4F9-46C1-92C4-D023AEE84FDC.png

I really liked the #4 horsebutt, but it was too thick for a shearling lining. Essentially, the horsebutt was best for an unlined service boot. Love the color though.

gte872h

Reaction score
View attachment 1116347
I really liked the #4 horsebutt, but it was too thick for a shearling lining. Essentially, the horsebutt was best for an unlined service boot. Love the color though.

Good call on that. You’d probably end up regretting the decision if you ended up with that build.

Did you get the standard 2050 last? I’m wondering if they would allow their side zip to be made on their 2005 engineer boot last instead?

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Country boot with shearling lining and commando sole.
+
Side-zip boot with antique single leather sole.
Both exclusive rust CXL

Really glad you got your make-ups done Mike. Really curious to see how the country boots turn out. Has anyone else had shearling lined Vibergs? I didn't even know it was an option.

vettemike

Reaction score
Good call on that. You’d probably end up regretting the decision if you ended up with that build.

Did you get the standard 2050 last? I’m wondering if they would allow their side zip to be made on their 2005 engineer boot last instead?
I stuck with the 2050 last for the side-zip. Viberg prefers using thinner leather on this last, or it gets too bulky.

vettemike

Reaction score
Really glad you got your make-ups done Mike. Really curious to see how the country boots turn out. Has anyone else had shearling lined Vibergs? I didn't even know it was an option.
After Viberg offered the Pachena Bay with a shearling lining, I was intrigued. Christian at Viberg told me that any Viberg with a lining can be had with a shearling lining. He advised me to go up a half size from what I normally wear. At the MTO event, Viberg rep said the country boot last would need to be modified to accommodate the shearling lining. I’m still waiting for final confirmation. I thought the shearling would be a nice option for the country boot, since hardly anyone opts for that anymore.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After Viberg offered the Pachena Bay with a shearling lining, I was intrigued. Christian at Viberg told me that any Viberg with a lining can be had with a shearling lining. He advised me to go up a half size from what I normally wear. At the MTO event, Viberg rep said the country boot last would need to be modified to accommodate the shearling lining. I’m still waiting for final confirmation. I thought the shearling would be a nice option for the country boot, since hardly anyone opts for that anymore.

I think it's a great idea, although I'm too West Coast for a shearling lined boot probably. Maybe when I give it all up for a patch of land in the mountains.

Jpto

Reaction score
haha wouldn't you like to know..

For me it was a combination of stuff I and sure all of you have seen, but not done at L&F. I'm friends with them so basically all my Viberg purchases are through them, and I'm not too compulsive when buying, I've only 2 prs from them the last 2-4yrs. However they probably will not be doing my makeup anytime soon so felt it was good timing.
I ordered a combination leather/suede on a mini ripple, probably get more versatility out of them, not unlike some I've seen with DR and 3Sixteen. So nothing special but what I wanted as I already have the nubuck and black CXL ones already

Country boot with shearling lining and commando sole.
+
Side-zip boot with antique single leather sole.
Both exclusive rust CXL

Nice builds, anyone order the shell preorder they had on the table? I got a scout boot in crust horsebutt and a country boot in tobacco chromepak

emidyl

Reaction score
is it me or is $1300USD a lot for that??? Can't see me ordering that anytime soon although I really like some of those new 6, 8, and 16 gradient

vettemike

Reaction score
Update on my country boot MTO build. Viberg cannot alter the pattern, so no shearling lining on the country boot. I opted for the hiker with a shearling lining instead. They’ll include the Thinsulate liner as well, so these should be the warmest boots I own.

vettemike

Reaction score
is it me or is $1300USD a lot for that??? Can't see me ordering that anytime soon although I really like some of those new 6, 8, and 16 gradient
I agree. A premium for shell is a given. But not twice the cost of a normal Viberg boot. Pass

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads