1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

1. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

No, I but I believe it was made exclusively for Viberg. It’s unfinished, but not described as a crust or natural CXL. I think it will patina very well.

2. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

4DC7842E-E4F9-46C1-92C4-D023AEE84FDC.png
    I really liked the #4 horsebutt, but it was too thick for a shearling lining. Essentially, the horsebutt was best for an unlined service boot. Love the color though.

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Distinguished Member

4. gte872h

gte872h Senior Member

Good call on that. You’d probably end up regretting the decision if you ended up with that build.

Did you get the standard 2050 last? I’m wondering if they would allow their side zip to be made on their 2005 engineer boot last instead?

5. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

Really glad you got your make-ups done Mike. Really curious to see how the country boots turn out. Has anyone else had shearling lined Vibergs? I didn't even know it was an option.

6. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

I stuck with the 2050 last for the side-zip. Viberg prefers using thinner leather on this last, or it gets too bulky.

7. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

After Viberg offered the Pachena Bay with a shearling lining, I was intrigued. Christian at Viberg told me that any Viberg with a lining can be had with a shearling lining. He advised me to go up a half size from what I normally wear. At the MTO event, Viberg rep said the country boot last would need to be modified to accommodate the shearling lining. I’m still waiting for final confirmation. I thought the shearling would be a nice option for the country boot, since hardly anyone opts for that anymore.

8. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

I think it's a great idea, although I'm too West Coast for a shearling lined boot probably. Maybe when I give it all up for a patch of land in the mountains.

9. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

DECC583A-F5ED-4322-9B52-691ED922F768.png
    I think you can understand why shearling was a VERY attractive option

10. Rymanocerous

Rymanocerous Senior Member

Dunno, hard to improve on 10 mile visibility...

11. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

I understand why moving is a very attractive option

12. Jpto

Jpto Active Member

Nice builds, anyone order the shell preorder they had on the table? I got a scout boot in crust horsebutt and a country boot in tobacco chromepak

13. emidyl

emidyl Senior Member

is it me or is $1300USD a lot for that??? Can't see me ordering that anytime soon although I really like some of those new 6, 8, and 16 gradient

14. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

Update on my country boot MTO build. Viberg cannot alter the pattern, so no shearling lining on the country boot. I opted for the hiker with a shearling lining instead. They’ll include the Thinsulate liner as well, so these should be the warmest boots I own.

15. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

I agree. A premium for shell is a given. But not twice the cost of a normal Viberg boot. Pass