1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Another question is what is "black rubber bonded leather" and what is the purpose/advantages of this material/leather? Viberg showed some samples at Liberty with this material.

2. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I don't think you can really compare Guidi's leather to conventional leathers. If you look to Guidi for cordovan expecting something in a similar vein to Horween's, you'll be sorely disappointed. Guidi's leathers fill an aesthetic niche, and discussions of quality are very different from that of other tanneries' leathers.

Guidi's leathers aren't ones that you'd want because you want the "best quality" available, it's a leather you'd get because you love the look and feel, and there's nothing else like it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Horween is pretty overrated among CM/trad types. Guidi is a different and much more interesting beast. My Guidi boots (they also make shoes/boots) are 50x more comfortable than any of my Alden/Loake/etc boots.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  4. Teger

Teger Senior member

I don't think Guidi is 'better', just different. Much more of a matte finish, they do some interesting distressing, exotic leathers/exotic dyes and treatments.

5. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Really liked the guidi leather boot, I feel it's not as workwear as the horween leathers. Wonder what the price point will be like...

6. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Which e-mail address did you use? I sent one on Thursday but still haven't received a reply.

7. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Vibergboot...Called and talked with them and he added my size.....Then I ordered

8. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

here are my freeman rough out boots after a few weeks. def not gentle on these, but certainly don't beat these up like i do things like jeans. honestly can't wait to replace the vibram sole, they're just too bulky and thick for my liking. Compared to my alden snuff suede on flex welt these feel like tanks. the flex welt alden boots are like literally wearing socks. But the aldens also cost 3x the price so these at $150 out the door, I can't complain!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Oh, you called them? I thought you had e-mailed them. I sent a e-mail to [COLOR=FF00AA]info@viberg.com [/COLOR]last Thursday and haven't received a response yet..

10. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Sorry about the confusion, went through my correspondence with Viberg and I did call first. Very easy folks to deal with..

Good luck..

11. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

Hey guys any updates on how these have been after some wear, would love to see some pics and hear your thoughts.

Thanks

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Next personal attack will carry with it a timeout and a $800 fine which will go to a pair of boots for me. Thanks in advance. No, I'm not joking.

Cheers,

Fok.

1 person likes this.
  13. LA Guy

FWIW, both the Guidi and Horween names are used for marketing. They just have different currency for different geographic groups, not to say that both tanneries are not very good.

1 person likes this.
  14. Finn666

Finn666 Well-Known Member

damn, i need these...

guy, any idea on a possible release date? thanks.

1 person likes this.
  15. Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens Well-Known Member

Would you guys recommend using silicone spray on vintage roughout? I've read conflicting opinions on this.

16. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I wouldn't use silicone on anything.

1 person likes this.
  17. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Damn, Fok, I had to read the 2nd sentence twice to make sure I got the jist of what you were saying. The double negative had me thinking you were using fighting words for a second.

18. LA Guy

Fighting words would be to say that shell cordovan is a poor choice for most footwear, and that they reason so many shell cordovan make-ups are done is that retailers know that customers will gobble up the hype, and the profit per unit is high.

19. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Except when you're OSB, and your manufacturer tears up the shell while lasting.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I know we just finished up a big order for the waxed flesh boot but that kudu is just too awesome. I am sure if we get enough commits that we could convince Fok to run this order :nodding:

Here is a starting point for discussion:

Boondocker on 2030 last
    Smoke grey Kudu
    All gunmetal eyelets
    Natural midsole
    Double leather sole

Who's in????

1 person likes this.