1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Cant wait for the summary, thanks!!

In case you missed my first request how about a boondocker on the 2030 in that smoke grey kudu??

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

Also bear in mind this is a tradeshow where the majority of the attendees are buyers. And a lot of the boots getting flak were really awesome in person.

3. Teeka

Teeka Senior member

I'd wait for plain Boondocker R/O Natural CXL on 2030 last and Dainite sole.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Q

The interesting quality of Cxl is not on the roughout, so I'm not sure about using that expensive leather, but the other specs seem doable.

5. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I'd be interested in the same boot with a leather like this:

[​IMG]

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

grey smoke kudu!!!!

7. Teeka

Teeka Senior member

Or maybe something similar with this one.
    http://www.freemanbrand.com/journal/boondocker-by-viberg.html

But have them on 2030 last and Dainite sole. I'd be in for sure :D

8. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  9. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  10. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

ben2t, read what Guy wrote above.
    "The samples we exhibit at a trade show have basically zero do with what you can expect to see on viberg.com or what will end up in most shops."
    Translation:
    You will likely not see this boot for sale.

11. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Regardless, the show is an opportunity for Viberg to test the waters.
    It seems the waters are rather cool for some models.

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Guy,

which color is this? I think it is great looking

[​IMG]

13. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think that that model could look really good in russet, with a lower toebox.

15. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Maybe you could post more pictures of the same boot so we know which ones do not have your approval?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  16. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

[​IMG]

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

you are just being annoying at this point

3 people like this.
  18. Teger

Teger Senior member

Surprised at the turn this has taken.

Some thoughts (since I've seen and handled these boots in person).

As I pointed out in my article, and as Guy has mentioned, Viberg doesn't produce a seasonal collection. Their boots are made-to-order at the time of order by their stockists, and as such they aren't like a clothing brand (or even other shoe brands) which carries stock models they're hoping to sell to retailers. The model is different, and as such the tradeshow (and the things they bring to their booth) function differently.

That being said, I'm really shocked at how some of you are overreacting. Don't get me wrong, Service Boots are great (I'm wearing a pair right now), but there comes are a point when you have to do - and look for - something else. And part of what makes clothing appealing, at least for me, is when the design shows intention - that it's not intentionally sleek, not intentionally proportional, not intentionally classic. The Service Boots are popular because they're a very simple, yet appealing shoe, but that only goes so far. You reach a point where you want... something different. It reminds me of my history with shirting. For years all I did was looking for the perfect slim shirt, and now I have a closet full of brands that are slim, flattering, can be tucked in or worn untucked... and on some level they're boring. Today I'm wearing an oversized 19th-century styled button down from Engineered Garments, and I know if I posted a picture of it in the WAYWT thread someone would tell me it was too big and I should size down, but with shirts (just as with boots), not everything revolves around a single aesthetic ideal. Service Boots are a great slim shirt, but there's more to footwear and Viberg than just their most popular model.

I'm not trying to imply that the new chukka is too next level for most people (maybe it is though...) but simply pointing out that freaking out that Viberg is producing more than yet-another-iteration of the Service Boot is really bizarre and inappropriate. Brands prosper in the long term by producing their most popular goods in conjunction with new styles along similar lines that demonstrate an aesthetic development and growth. Viberg has their popular models down pat, and is in the process of exploring new directions. Even if neither the Bernard or the Pershing ever make it to production, I applaud the fact that they were designed in the first place, and I take it as a great sign for the future of the brand.

4 people like this.
  19. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

If the white stitching were black those chukkas would be way cool for wearing with wacky baggy stuff.

20. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

More people hate on the black boot the more I want it LOL