• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bcfx

Reaction score
I'd like to bounce something off the citizens of this thread. Before I go any further, I just want to say that the Viberg stockist I purchased them from has been very accommodating and responsive to my concerns regarding the boots.

There's about a quarter inch difference between the two boots where the interior quarter is stitched to the vamp (I hope I'm getting the terminology correct). I didn't notice it at first, but once I had the boots on for 5-10 minutes, something just didn't quite feel right in the foot where it's stitched higher than the other. I think this photo illustrates what I'm talking about:

MVIMG_20181115_073543.png

It's only off by a bit, but because of the difference, the eyelets are all slightly higher and I think it contributed to the boot shaft being noticeably higher than the other. On the boot where it's positioned higher, it's possible to see a marker line that indicates where that piece should have been sewn to the leather. The intention to sew it in the right spot was clearly there, but in this case I think the execution was slightly off.

Once again, the stockist has been very accommodating to my inquires regarding the boot and I don't want this post to reflective negatively on them in any way. Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are regarding this issue.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to bounce something off the citizens of this thread. Before I go any further, I just want to say that the Viberg stockist I purchased them from has been very accommodating and responsive to my concerns regarding the boots.

There's about a quarter inch difference between the two boots where the interior quarter is stitched to the vamp (I hope I'm getting the terminology correct). I didn't notice it at first, but once I had the boots on for 5-10 minutes, something just didn't quite feel right in the foot where it's stitched higher than the other. I think this photo illustrates what I'm talking about:

View attachment 1072655

It's only off by a bit, but because of the difference, the eyelets are all slightly higher and I think it contributed to the boot shaft being noticeably higher than the other. On the boot where it's positioned higher, it's possible to see a marker line that indicates where that piece should have been sewn to the leather. The intention to sew it in the right spot was clearly there, but in this case I think the execution was slightly off.

Once again, the stockist has been very accommodating to my inquires regarding the boot and I don't want this post to reflective negatively on them in any way. Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are regarding this issue.

Return.

HeyBremen

Reaction score
Is that the Dublin leather? If so that looks normal for Dublin and Essex leather.

Those look fine and what one would expect.

If you’re not happy with them, just return them. Light coloured textured hides are really hard to get perfect. I don’t like it personally and my Dublin from another maker isn’t like that.

But to be perfectly honest, At least they match

What leather is that? if anything the clicker did an amazing job. that is the area that will crease the most, the natural characteristic of the hide will help disguise it.... perfectly acceptable and very unique... prefer that than gettin a more plain vamp and have it crease all funky

And I think it looks pretty uniform between the two. My initial thought was also that whoever patterned that out did a great job.

Thanks for your comments, guys!
I appreciate that Viberg let me return the boots. But I've decided to keep them as I'd rather not risk wasting time and money returning them for another pair that looks probably the same if not worse. I do like the character of the Dublin leather so I don't want to exchange them for a non-Dublin pair either.
I hope the wrinkles and creases get evened out as I wear the boots more!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they do not feel comfortable...get another pair. If you paid anywhere near retail and the makeup is a standard one...get another pair. If you paid sub $350 and they feel fine...keep um!

biglmbass

Reaction score
didn't notice it at first, but once I had the boots on for 5-10 minutes, something just didn't quite feel right in the foot where it's stitched higher than the other. I think this photo illustrates what I'm talking about:.

Send them back...

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For real. Fit and feel over aesthetics for work boots.

Learned the hard way more then once.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg x Miloh Shop Boondockers arrived today. Really loving the roughout and the chunkiness of the 110 last. All of my Vibergs are on the 2030 so the 110 is a nice departure from that. I sized down a half from my 2030 size per Grizzly’s suggestion and I’m glad I did. Had I sized the same it would have been way too big. Can’t wait to put some miles on these.

39E418A5-99B8-42F0-8324-FCC3C6494FA4.jpeg

FDF9D264-58C5-4D4C-8A45-C0266DD0A476.jpeg

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score
Viberg x Miloh Shop Boondockers arrived today. Really loving the roughout and the chunkiness of the 110 last. All of my Vibergs are on the 2030 so the 110 is a nice departure from that. I sized down a half from my 2030 size per Grizzly’s suggestion and I’m glad I did. Had I sized the same it would have been way too big. Can’t wait to put some miles on these.

View attachment 1072972

View attachment 1072973

Congrats. That’s a fantastic makeup.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score

View attachment 1072972

View attachment 1072973
Great pickup! Those look great

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the 110 last, Kafka Mercantile in the UK just released three new make ups on that last. The Bobcat in Aged Bark Roughout on a Vibran 2021 outsole and two makeuosnof the 245 Oxford in either Aged Bark or Mocha Oil Tan Roughout. The Bobcat seems like a nice alternative for anyone who missed out on the Withered Fig release.

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score
I took some top down pics comparing the 110 in size 9 to the 2030, Trubalance, and Barrie in 9.5

Very nice. So glad the sizing worked out. I don’t even wear my 110s in a half size down. :-D

Very awesome for you guys with the MTO opportunity in Toronto. About time on that one.

Does anyone on here also have Edward Green or JM Weston pairs as well? I’ve been trying to get some sizing advice on those threads with zero replies. I’ve also reached out to some retailers but they haven’t gotten back to me yet.

I’m on a time crunch with needing a pair to bring for travel coming up at the end of the month. I’m a 10.75 E brannock and I’m wanting a more rounded toe last. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads