Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't.

2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

"usually", not always ;)
    'reason i said that cuz most of White's CXLs are lined ... however, some [like Ice Mocha], are on the heavier range, so no need for lining.

Xposting some junk from IH forum:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

tbh, it's nearly impossibly to say for sure. I mean, leathers can, and often are, skivved to make them suitable for whatever purpose. I'm not a shoemaker, so I can't say with any certainty what weight, of which leather, is needed to make the boots. As the Horween website states, you can have varying thicknesses of Chromexel (and other leathers as well) depending on particular needs.

4. LA Guy

I don't own any Aldens on the Barrie last, but based on the testimonial of many members, I would say that yes, this would be a safe choice.

Cheers,

Fok.

5. LA Guy

6. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I'm only talking about Viberg CXL in here. I've owned and handled many CXL boots that are thinner, too.

7. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

8. LA Guy

Icy Mocha is the same. I would say that the pictures on the Viberg site are closer to the true color. Ha. They essentially redid our boot, but with a straight toecap instead of a brogued toecap.

9. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

MTO black oil tan Service Boots arrived today. Black stitching, Cat's Paw heal and Vibram sole. Unstructured toe. Straight toe cap. No ankle band.

It's a very flexible leather with more sheen than I thought... Loving the smooth stepping/rolling the sole gives. With the Dainites, I can feel each little nub as it hits the ground unforgivingly.

Now to decide which to keep (3Sixteen's Stealth boot vs. MTO) and which to give to my brother. More than likely keeping the MTO - I prefer less eyeholes to mess with and a more streamlined toe.

(On a surprising note, the included bottle of leather balm unscrewed during transport, spilling a bit over the boot bags. Luckily, the boots were protected inside their own plastic wrapping underneath.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  10. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

11. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. This makes me sad that the 8.5 sold out so quickly in both wax flesh country boots on the Viberg site.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Gents, be careful with those dainite soles. I've been pounding the pavement all day with my Vibergs in the snow, and they performed brilliantly, except when I had two Whole Foods bags full of egg nog in glass bottles while walking in a subway station. I slipped and took a big spill right before I got to the turnstiles. Luckily I wasn't hurt and I only lost one of eight bottles of egg nog, but lesson learned, be careful on those wet subway station floors

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Yikes! Glad to hear you are alright. Thanks for the tip.

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

Wore my V x 3Sixteen Andrew Specials to a loooong night of drinking on the lower east side last night.

They had some schmutz on them this morning but the held up beautifully and cleaned up nicely. They already have the raw denim ring around them.

15. mezdef

mezdef New Member

Are the 2030 service boots available anywhere retail? (I'm assuming all the 3Sixteen specials are gone). I'm going to be in NY next week and was looking at picking up some boots.