Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. peezlep

peezlep Member

2. meso

meso Senior member

Yes because it's always better to trust a website rather than the guy that's worked there.

3. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

I had regret also of letting the chance passed for a pair of Black Oil with plain toe.
    [​IMG]

4. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

^^^Wearing these right now and couldn't be happier, even got each boot sized differently due to Fok's hard work, so they fit each foot perfectly.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

We have one extra pair in a size 9.5, in the store, if anyone is interested: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-standard-black-service-boots-exclusively-for-styleforum/

We also have a single pair of the cinnamon roughout in a size 10 as well.

Incidentally, you probably don't want to miss out on this next round. We have enough for the Loden Service Boot on the 2030 last to go forward. The last day for preorders was extended to Dec 15, but I would not sit too long on this round: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg/

Cheers,

Fok.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Glad I could help. I was sweating bullets making sure that the sizing was right on this pair, though.

7. Dpalaghiuc

Dpalaghiuc Active Member

PSA size 8 walnut shell cordovan on ebay (paste not working) GL

8. peezlep

peezlep Member

The long standing Viberg website and Brett Viberg both say UK, so I'm going to take my chances with that.

Either way, and I know Guy has promised that it's coming, a size guide needs to appear sharpish.

Personally I went through all the opinions on the pages and pages of this blog and others to work out my size. I'm honestly a very patient individual! But if I read another comment along the lines of 'if I'm a 8.5US in Red Wing...' All this information and opinion has been covered so many times, you could get that answer by scanning through the most recent 10 pages of this thread, or the first ten, or any ten! Any way, rant over.

9. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

10. larryr

larryr Senior member

Just had these bad boys delivered. FWIW same size (10) as my Alden Indys and Viberg Oxford on the 110 last.

[​IMG]

11. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

Just to add to my earlier comments. Here's a pic of my brother's new (2 weeks of wear by me) 3sixteen/Viberg black CXL boots. The finish will rub away in time. I wonder how people are going to respond to it once it happens on a more visible part of the shoe.

[​IMG]

12. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

The more I read about chromexcel, the more I'm wondering if it is a good idea to use it for boots.

It's not dyed through and the finish rubs off around the ankle after two weeks of routine wear?

What are the advantages to chromexcel, besides a cool name and the much hipster-venerated "Horween" name?

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

I've worn my Icy Mocha Vibergs 3-4x a week since getting them, and nothing has worn through.

14. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

I've worn my color 8 chromexcel wolverines every day since I got them a month ago, and they show scuffs, gashes, and scratches like crazy. But there are no spots that have rubbed down to a non-colored layer yet either.

I don't think that the mocha color would show that it's worn down past the pigment like the black ones seem to... with the contrast between uncolored leather and black being so drastic, right?

15. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I have black and brown CXL boots, including ones from Viberg, and none have rubbed off like that from regular wear. If done properly, it can be a great leather for boots.