Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

2. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

I wear a 7.5 in the Alden Plaza last and a 7 with the Viberg service boots (with thick socks and no insole). I've also tried a 6.5 and they were tight.

3. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

i see most shops advising to size down a whole size from your actual shoe size (same as your UK size).
    for example i'm a size 8.5US, i wear size 8 in Alden barrie but will probably need size 7.5 in Viberg

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Does viberg not do widths too?

5. cj610

cj610 Senior member

Good q.........

6. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Has anyone ever seen Vibergs with a White's style "cuban" heel?

7. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

no, but they offer a few different lasts.

8. Sixers31

Sixers31 New Member

hi all. new to the forum. I would really love a pair of Viberg hiker 66. i am size 12US in most shoes, nikes etc. i believe i actually wear an 11.5 in alden. it seems the recomendation is that they fit true to size, so i would need the 11UK. Is this indeed true or should i size a half size down to the 10.5UK? thanks for all the help, Dave

9. Sixers31

Sixers31 New Member

hi all. new to the forum. I would really love a pair of Viberg hiker 66. i am size 12US in most shoes, nikes etc. i believe i actually wear an 11.5 in alden. it seems the recomendation is that they fit true to size, so i would need the 11UK. Is this indeed true or should i size a half size down to the 10.5UK? thanks for all the help, Dave

10. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Dave, I would check in with the folks at Viberg to be sure, but it's my guess that 10.5 would likely suit you better...depending on the last, of course.

11. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Hi. I have been trying to decide between ordering Whites Semi-Dress (or maybe Bounty Hunter) and Vibergs 1950 Service Boots (with the spring toe). I feel like I know how the White's will feel and the amount of support one gets. But can anyone comment on the feel of the Viberg Service Boots? Is there good arch support? How does that sprung toe feel? Can you wear them all day 4 or 5 days a week and feel good?

Thanks,

12. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

1950 service boots arrived in teh mail a few days ago. When I placed the order I asked if the tongues could be done in ice mocha cxl, like the rest of the boot, for the fact I don't want a $600+ boot with a mismached tongue. call me a stickler for details. anyway, when I made the order back in august both wendy and brett basically said well we dont' normally do that, we'll have to split the ice mocha so it conforms to the shape of your foot, and I said thanks for making the exception and got like pumped for a pair of mto vibergs... like a fucking idiot.
    now two weeks ago wendy sends me an email, the boots are ready, please give us the okay to charge the rest of the balance for the boots plus shipping. I live in Korea at the moment, not a lot of choices for a size 13 around, and well I wanted the boots. so I said okay on the charge and ignored the sagacious little whisper in my head that said you should get her to send you pics of the boots before okaying the charge.... like a fucking idiot.
    now the boots. oh looky here they used the dark brown leather that is obviously not the same color as the rest of the boot, and charged my card $100 to ship them to me so I could see this fuckup with my own eyes.

so fwiw anyone interested in getting that boondocker with the tongue as it's shown in the pic: pretty sure the tongue ice mocha. and pretty sure nobody is wearing that sample boot.

btw other than that the boots are ridiculous on the quality attn to detail level. but fuck them. the boots are headed back and so is a steep charge on my card.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012

13. abracadabra

abracadabra Senior member

that is really unfortunate. just to clarify, they usually do contrast tongues for all the 1950s service boots, or just the ice mocha cxl?

also did korean customs hit you at all?

14. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

no customs fees. I guess that's a silver lining, but a weak one. there's like four basic leather choices for the tongue. if you want the rest of the boot to match you have to choose from those options for the entire boot.

15. meso

meso Senior member

Tongue for a work boot should be supple. White's and others do the same thing.