• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Barneys pairs in, 110 and 2030? Emailed viberg as well

Craftsmanship is really nice and boots feel solid. Glad to finally get sizing figured out too

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left - Alden Grant boot in 10E
Middle - Alden Barrie boot in 9.5E
Right - Viberg 2030 boot in 9.5

(Also, my Viberg boots are marked "9 1/2" on the collar, which I assume is US sizing)

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(Also, my Viberg boots are marked "9 1/2" on the collar, which I assume is US sizing)

Great looking boots. What leather are the Viberg boots?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I may have missed it but are you happy with the fit?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Barneys pairs in, 110 and 2030? Emailed viberg as well

Craftsmanship is really nice and boots feel solid. Glad to finally get sizing figured out too

looks good man. can i ask how you sized? i had a pair of vibergs back in the day but they were EE width so I sized down 1.5 sizes.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I may have missed it but are you happy with the fit?

I've worn the boots all day - I am happy with the fit - my left small toe is feeling some pressure, but that is pretty common in size 10 boots that I wear and should go away as these very stiff boots break in

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've worn the boots all day - I am happy with the fit - my left small toe is feeling some pressure, but that is pretty common in size 10 boots that I wear and should go away as these very stiff boots break in

Overall these boots are a lot more rugged than the Aldens I normally wear, but they will provide a nice changeup.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looks good man. can i ask how you sized? i had a pair of vibergs back in the day but they were EE width so I sized down 1.5 sizes.

Pairs I got both too small since I went with barneys sizing conversion. Viberg confirmed lasts would need 10 in 110, 10.5 in 2030. Though as a few mentioned here 2030 does seem quite long. The 9.5 110 could work thin sock but toebox too short / shallow, 2030 was tight width wise with dress sock but long already. Also lacing was quite open when laced up. So 10.5 maybe but with length probably better to avoid last

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Overall these boots are a lot more rugged than the Aldens I normally wear, but they will provide a nice changeup.

Agreed. I just wore my for 4 straight days and couldn't be happier. They are certainly stiff but were comfortable when worn for a full day. They will need some time to break in but I expect them to be extremely comfortable when so.
I think that the 2030 last provides the perfect balance. The boots look rugged but still sleek enough to be worn in a variety of ways

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Pairs I got both too small since I went with barneys sizing conversion. Viberg confirmed lasts would need 10 in 110, 10.5 in 2030. Though as a few mentioned here 2030 does seem quite long. The 9.5 110 could work thin sock but toebox too short / shallow, 2030 was tight width wise with dress sock but long already. Also lacing was quite open when laced up. So 10.5 maybe but with length probably better to avoid last
Hmmm. Have the Boondocker in 110 last Viberg size 8...Fits right on. Called BNY Madison Ave. and was told by SA that the chukka was marked US size 9 on box but Viberg size 8 inside shoe...
Went through this before with BNY over C&J's....
O well. find out this week.....

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm. Have the Boondocker in 110 last Viberg size 8...Fits right on. Called BNY Madison Ave. and was told by SA that the chukka was marked US size 9 on box but Viberg size 8 inside shoe...
Went through this before with BNY over C&J's....
O well. find out this week.....

He means on the Barneys sticker tag I believe, which will say 9, and on box the actual Viberg part will be 8, correct info I think. C&Js are marked US size only though? At least past few sales shoes for me

I just wasn't thinking when I placed my order

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out from behind the desk and actually getting to use these as work boots for the next few days. Love these boots!!

Nice. I feel that you now need the loden boots that we are getting made next.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads