• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
It's a breath of fresh air to finally be able to see a picture of what those Olive WF 2030s look like. They look incredible. So glad I got on that preorder. Really looking forward to finally receiving them. Now I just gotta hope that they fit properly.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's too bad I didn't get to do my olive waxed flesh make up but i definitely wanna do something with it in the future. Very cool leather.
I would suggest a boondocker on the 2045 with a corded sole or a 145 Oxford, 110 last, plain toe, vibram sole.

grizzlygiant

Reaction score
I would suggest a boondocker on the 2045 with a corded sole or a 145 Oxford, 110 last, plain toe, vibram sole.

I'm definitely doing another 145 oxford. I'm brain storming one up right now actually. I also completely changed the matte black make up to something else and it will be hitting the shop along with all the other make ups with no pre-orders as pre-orders will no longer be happening. Anyway, apparently there are some new awesome leathers that have yet to be used which I'll be checking out shortly so I'll let you guys know about that as well.

In other news, I just became an official affiliate with SF so for those who wish to join these types of discussions I welcome you to come join the thread just so I can avoid flooding this thread with Miloh Shop related posts. And please don't feel like you can only discuss Miloh Make ups in my thread as I just love talking footwear in general.

Cheers!

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a breath of fresh air to finally be able to see a picture of what those Olive WF 2030s look like. They look incredible. So glad I got on that preorder. Really looking forward to finally receiving them. Now I just gotta hope that they fit properly.
I've got all 3 WF's.

I like the idea of Olive WF but the pics do not look substantially different than the Brown WF. When someone gets their pair hopefully they can opine.

Looking ahead, I'd go for that on the 110. Plain toe. Commando. Ass kicker.

ChronBong

Reaction score
I want to say yes, if you're discussing laced up boots. Otherwise their chelseas might be slimmer. Honestly though, I think all vibergs go great with slim/skinny jeans.
not all... i dont like the bulbous toe or bulky look.

yes im tallking about the laced up version .

are those viberg boots good in the snow/rain? like they waterproof coated?

billymax

Reaction score
I'm definitely doing another 145 oxford. I'm brain storming one up right now actually. I also completely changed the matte black make up to something else and it will be hitting the shop along with all the other make ups with no pre-orders as pre-orders will no longer be happening. Anyway, apparently there are some new awesome leathers that have yet to be used which I'll be checking out shortly so I'll let you guys know about that as well.

In other news, I just became an official affiliate with SF so for those who wish to join these types of discussions I welcome you to come join the thread just so I can avoid flooding this thread with Miloh Shop related posts. And please don't feel like you can only discuss Miloh Make ups in my thread as I just love talking footwear in general.

Cheers!

i'll buy any 145/110 oxford you release. i love the last merlot pair i got from Miloh.

liquidjelly

Reaction score
All of you are to blame for this.

2018-02-25 12_15_40-brooklynclothing - Order #1276.png

gte872h

Reaction score
All of you are to blame for this.

View attachment 931746

Nice. Please post pics when they arrive.

I just had the thought, but I’m not sure if it would clash or be too much green, but what about the idea of putting a green Dr sole cork sole with the olive waxed flesh MTO?

0D47868A-B58D-402C-831E-9DBC6726F0D6.jpeg

Edit- nevermind. It would clash I think. Would look cool with a brown cork sole however.

Last edited:

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Nice. Please post pics when they arrive.

I just had the thought, but I’m not sure if it would clash or be too much green, but what about the idea of putting a green Dr sole cork sole with the olive waxed flesh MTO?

View attachment 931866

Edit - nevermind. It would clash I think. Would look cool with a brown cork sole however.

Just kidding everyone, Brooklyn Clothing told me that there was an error with their inventory system and that there wasn't actually a pair in my size. Bummer.

On an unrelated note, I purchased another pair from them a few weeks ago and after wearing them once, I found out that my pair has uneven boot heights and uneven eyelets on the right shoe.

I just spoke with a representative from Brooklyn Clothing, and they said that they:
  1. Would rather have me contact Viberg to see what they say.
  2. And that if that Viberg didn't resolve the issue, that they'd contact the owner of the company to see what they'd do next. Based on that response, I'm under the impression that the stockist isn't willing to go to bat for me for this issue, which gives me mixed feelings on the whole matter. On one hand, having worn them once, I realize they probably can't sell it again, but on the other hand, there are other consumers like me who probably wouldn't want to keep a boot like this.
Worst case scenario, if both Viberg and the stockist are unable to help, is it unethical of me to consider filing a PayPal claim for something like this? I've never done something like this before, but then again, 700 dollars is a large amount to spend on a product that was seconds quality as advertised as firsts.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just kidding everyone, Brooklyn Clothing told me that there was an error with their inventory system and that there wasn't actually a pair in my size. Bummer.

On an unrelated note, I purchased another pair from them a few weeks ago and after wearing them once, I found out that my pair has uneven boot heights and uneven eyelets on the right shoe.

I just spoke with a representative from Brooklyn Clothing, and they said that they:
  1. Would rather have me contact Viberg to see what they say.
  2. And that if that Viberg didn't resolve the issue, that they'd contact the owner of the company to see what they'd do next. Based on that response, I'm under the impression that the stockist isn't willing to go to bat for me for this issue, which gives me mixed feelings on the whole matter. On one hand, having worn them once, I realize they probably can't sell it again, but on the other hand, there are other consumers like me who probably wouldn't want to keep a boot like this.
Worst case scenario, if both Viberg and the stockist are unable to help, is it unethical of me to consider filing a PayPal claim for something like this? I've never done something like this before, but then again, 700 dollars is a large amount to spend on a product that was seconds quality as advertised as firsts.

I think the problem is that you wore these before noticing the problem. I think part of the reason you did not notice before is that these are fairly subtle. To be fair, the eyelet issue looks really minor to me and if that were the only issue, I'd say it looks like you are being a little bit picky. On the other hand, I understand it cost a lot and so it is frustrating. I'm dealing with another issue with another retailer and I get that these things are stressful. See what they say first. The height is irritating but nobody is going to notice these things when the boots are on your feet.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg can do better. I agree.

Personally, I don’t think it warrants a claim.
Also remember the claim will be against Brooklyn and not Viberg.
I think if you handle the situation professionally (not suggesting you arnt) both you, and the retailer can come to an agreeement that will appease both parties.

I’m sure they don’t want a claim, and I’m sure you want some sort of resolution.
Be reasonable and move on. Give them transparency on your intent to claim as a last resort if a resolution isn’t offered.

liquidjelly

Reaction score
I think the problem is that you wore these before noticing the problem. I think part of the reason you did not notice before is that these are fairly subtle. To be fair, the eyelet issue looks really minor to me and if that were the only issue, I'd say it looks like you are being a little bit picky. On the other hand, I understand it cost a lot and so it is frustrating. I'm dealing with another issue with another retailer and I get that these things are stressful. See what they say first. The height is irritating but nobody is going to notice these things when the boots are on your feet.

I totally agree - it wasn't something I noticed at first and it was my mistake for not being diligent about inspecting the boots before wearing.

Viberg just responded to me stating that "like with a welted boot, where the upper is lasted by a machine, stitchdown can vary to a degree depending on how much and how hard the upper is pulled. This is also why the eyelets are uneven, as it looks like they are punched evenly, but when the upper is stretched unevenly, that can change. Your example is quite apparent, but unfortunately, we can’t take them back as it is against our policy to take boots back that were purchased from our retailers. If you’re still unhappy with the boots, you can reach out to Brooklyn Clothing and see if they can help you out. There isn’t really any way to change the boots or eyelets, though."

I'll write to Brooklyn to see if they might be willing to offer a solution or meet somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Anyone going to try for this natural horse derby on Friday?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads