• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know, considering the shell pair this Friday. Are shells still priced at $1100?

Ha...thought of you when I saw the IG post. Yes, $1,115 shipped. They did a nice job on the color 8 pair I just received. The quality of the shell and lasting is perfect. The stitch down on one shoe could be cleaner, but pretty minor, and I'm not going to complain so they keep making these!

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of the unglazed shell Derby's
eq6V0hi.jpg

UOp1I4A.jpg

gte872h

Reaction score
It’s definitely a recent change. I have a pair from this past September that had the old sock liner. I bought another pair over Christmas that had the new cushioned insert.

Could have been old stock possibly. My first pair with the updated heel pad was the natural waxed flesh Apsleys which were from Dec 2016.

emidyl

Reaction score
My thoughts precisely. Could just one shell cordovan make-up be on the 1035?

agreed. I have a pr of olive nubuck which I love on the 2030 last, but have held back on any other Viberg purchases til the right one came along. And that did for me this past weekend, black CXL on the 1035. Have always felt that last was more along the classic lines of their service boot with more practical usage, for me at least. WRT to cordovan on any other last, I wouldn't hold my breath...

emidyl

Reaction score
ok, been away for a while pursuing some MC interests, but what is this about the new insole change? Is it for the better?

emidyl

Reaction score
I wonder whether anyone has the same experience buying from Mr. Porter from Canada. How do we request a refund of incorrectly charged duties in Canada? Recently, I purchased a pair of made-in-Canada Viberg from Mr. Porter. I thought I can have Mr. Porter refunding the duties, seeing how this must be a mistake.

Here is the reply that I got back. Prepare for the humor...

"Thank you for your email.

After reviewing you order...I see that the product was made in Canada and is being sent to Canada.

As per our policy, if you have purchased an item labelled "Made in the USA" and your chosen shipping destination is Canada, we can refund the duties for this piece.

Regretfully, the Viberg - Leather Derby Boots do not qualify for duties refunds."

Clearly, made-in-Canada goods are not subjected to duties when brought into Canada. I would imagine that a company as big as the Yoox group would have a better understanding of the law and regulations. Do they even do process reviews? If my company pull the same thing, we would be written up on the spot.

it's a ***** to have happen but you will need to apply for the refund via CBSA. Google it up and fill out the forms and mail it in. Took me about a little over a month to get rectified. My case was duties paid, sizing off for wife, sent back to skoak. Sent all receipts and visa copies to CBSA showing returned goods.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's a ***** to have happen but you will need to apply for the refund via CBSA. Google it up and fill out the forms and mail it in. Took me about a little over a month to get rectified. My case was duties paid, sizing off for wife, sent back to skoak. Sent all receipts and visa copies to CBSA showing returned goods.

Unfortunately it’s not the same case here. Duty is prepaid to MR. porter.

CBSA (govt) asks for proof that the duty was paid to them.

MR porter cannot provide proof, just a policy statement that has nothing to do with what you are asking for.

UPS or DHL also has no proof

My case anyways

gte872h

Reaction score
ok, been away for a while pursuing some MC interests, but what is this about the new insole change? Is it for the better?

Yes. It’s for the better. The heel pad just extends further forward compared to the old one. See the spoiler pic that @Shouldaville posted on the previous page if you haven’t already.

emidyl

Reaction score
Unfortunately it’s not the same case here. Duty is prepaid to MR. porter.

CBSA (govt) asks for proof that the duty was paid to them.

MR porter cannot provide proof, just a policy statement that has nothing to do with what you are asking for.

UPS or DHL also has no proof

My case anyways

shiite, that sucks more. You should ask them who they submit the collected duties to seeing as it's exempt really. I would still call CBSA and see what their take is seeing as you aren't getting any help on the retailer end. I know dealing with a govt bureaucracy is the last thing anyone wants to do but what do you have to lose at this point.

rose city mike

Reaction score
My first pair of Vibergs: mahogany horsebutt cxl service boot on the 1035. From what Will at Division Road told me, this was a short run leather that spent half its tannage in the cxl vat and half in the cordovan vat. I just call it gorgeous; man I love this shade of brown!

I never would have looked for a size 12 but after reading here and talking to Will it seemed like it would work. FWIW I measure a 13D US, wear a 12.5 Barrie, 12 Trickers 4497S, and have a Truman boot in 13D.

IMG_3815.JPG

emidyl

Reaction score
yep that sounds about spot on for Viberg sizing. I'm the same as you, UK sizing (-1) for me and 1/2 down on Barrie last. Love the 1035 last, need more make ups.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, i'm trying to get rid of a pair of Boondockers i've worn about 4 times. Really nice shoe, but I also have a pair of the snuff suede 3sixteen cap toes, so its a bit redundant. Not in a rush to sell since I still love them and got hammered on the exchange rate haha. PM me if interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads