1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Sartorium

Sartorium Well-Known Member

2. dfrw88

dfrw88 Member

My thoughts precisely. Could just one shell cordovan make-up be on the 1035?

3. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Distinguished Member

Ha...thought of you when I saw the IG post. Yes, $1,115 shipped. They did a nice job on the color 8 pair I just received. The quality of the shell and lasting is perfect. The stitch down on one shoe could be cleaner, but pretty minor, and I'm not going to complain so they keep making these!

4. mogili222

mogili222 Senior Member

A couple of the unglazed shell Derby's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gte872h

gte872h Senior Member

Could have been old stock possibly. My first pair with the updated heel pad was the natural waxed flesh Apsleys which were from Dec 2016.

6. emidyl

emidyl Senior Member

agreed. I have a pr of olive nubuck which I love on the 2030 last, but have held back on any other Viberg purchases til the right one came along. And that did for me this past weekend, black CXL on the 1035. Have always felt that last was more along the classic lines of their service boot with more practical usage, for me at least. WRT to cordovan on any other last, I wouldn't hold my breath...

7. emidyl

emidyl Senior Member

ok, been away for a while pursuing some MC interests, but what is this about the new insole change? Is it for the better?

8. emidyl

emidyl Senior Member

it's a bitch to have happen but you will need to apply for the refund via CBSA. Google it up and fill out the forms and mail it in. Took me about a little over a month to get rectified. My case was duties paid, sizing off for wife, sent back to skoak. Sent all receipts and visa copies to CBSA showing returned goods.

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Unfortunately it’s not the same case here. Duty is prepaid to MR. porter.

CBSA (govt) asks for proof that the duty was paid to them.

MR porter cannot provide proof, just a policy statement that has nothing to do with what you are asking for.

UPS or DHL also has no proof

My case anyways

10. gte872h

gte872h Senior Member

Yes. It’s for the better. The heel pad just extends further forward compared to the old one. See the spoiler pic that @Shouldaville posted on the previous page if you haven’t already.

11. emidyl

emidyl Senior Member

shiite, that sucks more. You should ask them who they submit the collected duties to seeing as it's exempt really. I would still call CBSA and see what their take is seeing as you aren't getting any help on the retailer end. I know dealing with a govt bureaucracy is the last thing anyone wants to do but what do you have to lose at this point.

12. rose city mike

rose city mike Well-Known Member

My first pair of Vibergs: mahogany horsebutt cxl service boot on the 1035. From what Will at Division Road told me, this was a short run leather that spent half its tannage in the cxl vat and half in the cordovan vat. I just call it gorgeous; man I love this shade of brown!

I never would have looked for a size 12 but after reading here and talking to Will it seemed like it would work. FWIW I measure a 13D US, wear a 12.5 Barrie, 12 Trickers 4497S, and have a Truman boot in 13D.

IMG_3815.JPG

13. emidyl

emidyl Senior Member

yep that sounds about spot on for Viberg sizing. I'm the same as you, UK sizing (-1) for me and 1/2 down on Barrie last. Love the 1035 last, need more make ups.

14. metranger8694

metranger8694 Distinguished Member

Those are fantastic!!!

What a beautiful shade of brown.