1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. honestpanda

honestpanda Member

Would love to see pics of the crust horsehide!

2. theSleepyKid

theSleepyKid New Member

I'll try to snap some photos soon. Out of the box, they looked exactly like the pictures on the Viberg release.

https://viberg.com/blogs/journal/service-boot-crust-horsehide

They haven't patina'd that much but they've broken in nicely. The leather has stretched and there's multiple folds around the mid-foot and toe-box (in fact, the left toe box collapsed almost immediately). The laces also pull much closer together now.

3. Rogerdoger

Rogerdoger Active Member

Rumour has it, there’s more matte calf to come.

4. loanshark

loanshark Senior Member

Grey guidi calf on 2030. RRL britches

IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG

5. Eis

Eis Active Member

I wonder whether anyone has the same experience buying from Mr. Porter from Canada. How do we request a refund of incorrectly charged duties in Canada? Recently, I purchased a pair of made-in-Canada Viberg from Mr. Porter. I thought I can have Mr. Porter refunding the duties, seeing how this must be a mistake.

Here is the reply that I got back. Prepare for the humor...

"Thank you for your email.

After reviewing you order...I see that the product was made in Canada and is being sent to Canada.

As per our policy, if you have purchased an item labelled "Made in the USA" and your chosen shipping destination is Canada, we can refund the duties for this piece.

Regretfully, the Viberg - Leather Derby Boots do not qualify for duties refunds."

Clearly, made-in-Canada goods are not subjected to duties when brought into Canada. I would imagine that a company as big as the Yoox group would have a better understanding of the law and regulations. Do they even do process reviews? If my company pull the same thing, we would be written up on the spot.