• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gte872h

Reaction score
What is the break-in like on the dainite sole? This thread/forum has caused me to consider a pair of Service Boots as my next pair of [totally unnecessary] shoes/boots, however while trying on a pair and comparing it to my Shell Indy's the dainite was sooo stiff and seemed to lack any cushioning. Is it a break-in thing or if I normally don't enjoy dainite soles I should stay away until I find a different make-up? (which from my perusing seems to be very rare nowadays!)

Dainite isn’t my favorite either, but I have a few pairs on Dainite. After break in, it gets better but it doesn’t change drastically. For me, the wider lasts help the pressure points. Stitch down feels stiffer vs GYW. If you are patient there are other sole choices out there such as double leather, commando, or half comp. Vibram soles. I’ve heard the raw cord sole is even stiffer than Dainite, so I’d stay away from that sole if I were you.

Hill

Reaction score
My favorite pair at one and a half years.
IMG_2232.JPG

phxaz

Reaction score
Got a response. They told me to mail them back and they’d refund my original shipping charge

Am I wrong in thinking they should pay for return shipping? It cost me 45 bucks to return a pair of boots to viberg in the past, and I didn’t do anything wrong here. I got a pair of boots that were mismatched colors...
I had to argue for the original shipping on a pair with defects

hurhur

Reaction score
A110B727-5C21-4306-9AF9-2D7E1F9B06A8.jpeg

B206A48D-3499-4A2D-A356-4625428E2FB0.jpeg

ADCA6FC7-0E8C-410E-B894-870FBD08ED7E.jpeg

BDB49C90-8946-44DE-8615-E1597792EC88.jpeg

Better photos in the sun. So much texture going on, I can’t capture all of the details on camera. Sizing wise, I went down half a size to 7.5 because I anticipated the leather to be slightly thinner than my navy latigo roughouts. They fit well due to the more malleable leather. Am I weird to say that these smell good? Is it because of all the honey? Hahaha

gte872h

Reaction score
Is it shipping from viberg or freeman?

Shipping from Viberg. Viberg or Freeman didn’t send me an email. I received a text alert from DHL since I had signed up for other deliveries in the past. I’m guessing they stopped using Canada Post or something.

Rogerdoger

Reaction score
Anyone on here get any of the Snuff Naked kudu boots, from either Viberg or Division Road.
Would like to see how that leather ages.

Last edited:

trevorplease

Reaction score
Shipping from Viberg. Viberg or Freeman didn’t send me an email. I received a text alert from DHL since I had signed up for other deliveries in the past. I’m guessing they stopped using Canada Post or something.
Damn, regular DHL. Not DHL express right?

Regular DHL is a cluster fck here. Esp when they have to transfer to USPS or something dumb

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads