Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Serad

Serad Active Member

Odd though I can't seem to find those same pics posted here on his page...I'm not really familiar with Instagram though.

2. Iotapa

Iotapa Member

I would have been interested in he bison if I knew I could get a pair that didn't have the texture of a walnut. That reminds me, I notice on boots with a toecap that the cap tends to be smoother than the rest of the boot. You can see it on the kudu and tumbled horsehide as an example. I wonder why it ends up like that?

The honey tanned horse looks cool. Wonder if it'll be stitchdown.

3. orionz06

orionz06 Well-Known Member

I suspect it's from being pulled over the toe? A little more tension smooths it out maybe?

4. platformtwo

platformtwo New Member

He usually posts them on his story, so you'll have to follow him and just check it out every now and then.

5. kingk

kingk Senior member

6. Iotapa

Iotapa Member

Much better pictures this time.

The new honey horsehide is supposed to be heavy according to the journal, but I mailed them and it's 3-3.5 oz. Is that normal for horsehide? I thought around 5 oz was the norm for casual boots. I know leather heel pulls aren't usually used on thinner leathers. Hoping to limit myself to one and one only viberg (I'm sure many have said this) so I want it to last.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 12:35 PM

7. scb

scb Senior member

I ordered the honey. 11.5E brannock and ordered 11.5 on the 2030. the chromepack 11 was too narrow

8. gte872h

gte872h Senior member

3-3.5 oz is definitely not a heavyweight leather by any means. It’s most likely thicker than some of their previous runs of Italian horsehide. Overall, horsehide is generally thinner but denser vs a heavier cowhide. As a result, horsehide will not stretch much if at all. Plus the boots are fully lined as well. Tanning method also plays into the leather characteristics as well. I’m assuming the leather is veg tanned. There are pluses and minuses with any leather, but it really depends on what you are looking for.

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Long time away - just popping in to say hi! Getting my Bergs out of their boxes and ready for the cool weather.

10. Iotapa

Iotapa Member

Well I'm not needing a heavy duty boot but I do want something suitable for a fair amount of use in my winter rotation. Just from looking at the pictures it does seem pretty thin even with the lining, but I love the texture and color. Definitely gonna have to wait and see some impressions unless something else comes up or my size gets snatched.

11. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

(please) - Anyone know who (besides Viberg) sells brown captoe boots in something other than 2030? Something less sleek I guess.

12. orionz06

orionz06 Well-Known Member

There are a few Barrie lasted Alden's that might be of interest. This one has a perf toe. I think Leather Soul has a straight cap, unsure of availability.

13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Can also check out offerings by Truman -- not quite as sleek as the 2030.

14. Iotapa

Iotapa Member

White's and nicks both offer boots with a captoe. White's in particular has a service boot that's similar but doesn't seem quite as sleek.

15. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Sorry guys - my bad. I meant viberg boots (not sold by viberg.com- I already looked), with captoe on a different last. I like viberg, just wanted one of their less sleek lasts.

Appreciate the recs, tho!