• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cole87

Reaction score
They do.

Should one take their normal Viberg one full size down from Brannock?

Or go down 1.5 sizes.
I don't own any Viberg chelseas yet, but I asked about sizing on them some time ago. Someone told me they sized the same as their 2030 size, but the Chelseas are more narrow.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own any Viberg chelseas yet, but I asked about sizing on them some time ago. Someone told me they sized the same as their 2030 size, but the Chelseas are more narrow.
I don't either. All 110's and a couple of 1035's...So, only down .5 from Brannock? I'm on the narrow side of D so probably.

Side zips fit the same as Chelsea's?

Are side zips on the same last as the Chelsea's? Not said in the IG write down.

Cole87

Reaction score
I don't either. All 110's and a couple of 1035's...So, only down .5 from Brannock? I'm on the narrow side of D so probably.

Side zips fit the same as Chelsea's?

Are side zips on the same last as the Chelsea's? Not said in the IG write down.
I'm pretty sure it's the same last as the Chelsea. I'd probably go up half a size from your 110 size if you're filling out the width, from the sounds of it. I'm in a tough spot because the 2030 fits me perfectly, and if the Chelsea is the same length as the 2030 but narrower, I may have a tough time getting a good size for me.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Those look amazing and I'm not normally into that style boot. Would love it in the brown horsebutt.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Those look amazing and I'm not normally into that style boot. Would love it in the brown horsebutt.
Me too.

Upon scouring the Alden thread, while cigar is loved, it seems to be less versatile than a darker brown.

Is that true? Cigar seems like a SS color. Sorta caramel.... Maybe great with a light brown or off white?

SouthNarc

Reaction score
Any pics of brown waxed flesh in the wild with forum members? I just pre
-ordered a pair from Brooklyn Clothing Co.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too.

Upon scouring the Alden thread, while cigar is loved, it seems to be less versatile than a darker brown.

Is that true? Cigar seems like a SS color. Sorta caramel.... Maybe great with a light brown or off white?

I don't think the Alden names for shell cordovan enter into this. The "cigar" horsehide in that picture looks more like the "Ravello" shade of shell but, of course, it's not shell - there's really no relation between the names being used here re Alden cigar and the shade of the side zips (and, anyway, cigar shell cordovan is darker than the Ravello and whiskey shades and pretty close to the brown horsebutt).

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh snap. Great boots and photography.

Here's an old pic on the 110- 2 years:
WF.jpg

Last edited:

trevorplease

Reaction score
damn that heel drag is crazy

can anyone tell me the difference between scout and bobcat? i only see one difference where the layering of panels are switched around. are they still making bobcats? and do they do stitchdown scouts? i read a period where they were only doing gyw

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The side zip is nice. I love that colour cigar, and the brown horsebutt we've recently been discussing.

I do still prefer the Chelsea pattern to the zip.

I'm sure it has been or will be done, but that sidezip needs to be built in that guidi dust black calf

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
They do.

Should one take their normal Viberg one full size down from Brannock?

Or go down 1.5 sizes.

I am a 9E brannock, I wear an 8.5 in the 2030 last comfortably and went with my same size in the viberg chelseas and they were too narrow for me. If I would have sized up to 9 I think I would have been happy.

a bag of it

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between the black horsebutt and the black kangaroo service boots. I think I like the sleeker 2030 last, but idk. Can anyone tell me a bit about the different leathers? do they both crease like normal leather? Is the horsebutt a lot thicker?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads