• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GerichoWax

Reaction score
Christ-y soul5 crossing the river of Salvation.

A-men to that!

IMG_1698.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG

Last edited:

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, looking for some advice on sizing. I am 9.5 D on the Brannock Device, 10 in Nike sneakers, 9.5 D in Quoddy, 43 in guidi lace ups (as if that's reliable) and I'm wondering what size I should go for in the 2045 last service boot. I'm trying to decide between 9D and 8.5D although after looking at the Viberg website possibly even 8D? I prefer a snug fit and want to be able to wear both thin and thick wool socks with these. Thanks!

I would say 8.5 but if you have longer toes, then 9. An 8 might be pushing it across the instep.

I am also 9.5D on Brannock, 9.5 in Quoddy. I have 2045s in 9and they have plenty of room (btw the 2045 is more like an E). I would probably go down to 8.5 next time.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking to move some 8.5, 2030 boots or derbys, new or nearly new hit me up. Stichdown only.

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Shameless plug for my natural Bison make up on the reddit GMTO poll.

trevorplease

Reaction score
IMG_1903.JPG
IMG_1904.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG
IMG_1907.JPG
IMG_1908.JPG

Can anyone tell me what happen to the leather here? It feels dry and rough, not smooth and silky like the rest of the shell. Put a light coat of VSC but it didn't really do anything. Any way to fix this section?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone tell me what happen to the leather here? It feels dry and rough, not smooth and silky like the rest of the shell. Put a light coat of VSC but it didn't really do anything. Any way to fix this section?

It just looks like a rough spot in the leather. I'm not sure product will help but you could try to condition with Lexol or Bick4, they are fairly benign. However, it looks like its on the tongue which is probably the best place for a rough spot and perhaps why Viberg chose to use it in that inconspicuous place.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my pair has dryness on the right vamp. nothing you can really do about it. I've encountered this on my Alden and C&J as well.

trevorplease

Reaction score
It just looks like a rough spot in the leather. I'm not sure product will help but you could try to condition with Lexol or Bick4, they are fairly benign. However, it looks like its on the tongue which is probably the best place for a rough spot and perhaps why Viberg chose to use it in that inconspicuous place.

Is lexol/bick4 any different from venetian shoe cream or tanner's blend from ashland which I already have on hand? I already hit it with some VSC but I might try apply a little more just to see it's hydrated. Unless over-conditioning is bad??? >_>

my pair has dryness on the right vamp. nothing you can really do about it. I've encountered this on my Alden and C&J as well.

right on the vamp? i'd be pissed if i had to look at it in a more obvious spot... is yours just dry or is it terribly rough like mine also?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads