• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trevorplease

Reaction score
IMG_1765.JPG

Straight to da feet sorry for the phone pic

gte872h

Reaction score
what about Nubuck, will it stretch? Should i size nubuck to stretch?

I wouldn't recommend sizing any of Viberg's leather to stretch. I think I remember you saying you've already done that before, but it makes me a bit uneasy to hear. I'm not sure if you prefer a tight fit or something. When I hear people talk about having to deal with initial pain makes me think the sizing or shape of the last isn't quite right for their feet.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the Natural Chromepack service boots that I wore about 5 times, and they're too small. Size 11. I think I'll list them for sale, but just posting here first in case anyone's interested

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried brannock size on the 2030 and my toes are much happier.
ApXZoDi.jpg

djmatty

Reaction score
Sizing question for those with wide feet... Are Viberg slippers a possibility? I comfortably fit 2045 and 110 in size 11. I've tried 2030 in 11 and it is prohibitively narrow for me (haven't tried 11.5 or 12). The guidance I've come across is same size or smaller for the slippers depending on socks/no socks. Has anyone with wide feet sized UP on the slippers with success? For reference, my Alden Barrie & Trubalance size is 11 EEE. TIA

GerichoWax

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend sizing any of Viberg's leather to stretch. I think I remember you saying you've already done that before, but it makes me a bit uneasy to hear. I'm not sure if you prefer a tight fit or something. When I hear people talk about having to deal with initial pain makes me think the sizing or shape of the last isn't quite right for their feet.
So far all the leathers i've worn have stretched out.. Including Bergs. Some (not Viberg) have stretched a full size up, so not good. This time i'm sizing down on the snug side to get a perfect fit for sure, when broken in... Shell being the only tts exception.

Last edited:

havoc29

Reaction score
Anyone know whether it's necessary to take Vibergs off to go through the metal detectors in the pre-check line at the airport?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know whether it's necessary to take Vibergs off to go through the metal detectors in the pre-check line at the airport?

I wore Vibergs through the airport back in 2013 and I was required to remove them.

Rogerdoger

Reaction score

Vibergs all have a metal shank, so in short yes. But don't you have to remove your footwear anyway?

gte872h

Reaction score
So far all the leathers i've worn have stretched out.. Including Bergs. Some (not Viberg) have stretched a full size up, so not good. This time i'm sizing down on the snug side to get a perfect fit for sure, when broken in... Shell being the only tts exception.

Cool. Whatever works. Yeah. I have a pair of EE Iron Rangers which stretched a bit too much after a while. Length is one area that won't help with wear. I have a couple of pairs I wish I didn't size down on; the 110 and 2005 last. Both of those lasts are a bit on the short end of the sizing spectrum.

Yes. They definitely set off the metal detectors.

GerichoWax

Reaction score
Cool. Whatever works. Yeah. I have a pair of EE Iron Rangers which stretched a bit too much after a while. Length is one area that won't help with wear. I have a couple of pairs I wish I didn't size down on; the 110 and 2005 last. Both of those lasts are a bit on the short end of the sizing spectrum.

I've always had pain breaking in all my boots in the beginning, regardless the sizing. Did you expect those pairs to stretch a bit/ a lot? Were they snug, narrow and/ or short when you got them? Why did you size down: no other size available? Btw, in what leather are they? Actually with thick socks and eveyday wear i think you can quickly increase that stretch.. Your thoughts

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore Vibergs through the airport back in 2013 and I was required to remove them.
Vibergs all have a metal shank, so in short yes. But don't you have to remove your footwear anyway?

Steel shank sets off the metal detector so they send me back to remove shoes. Same with Alden. I just take them off preemptively now.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have TSA pre-check you don't have to remove your shoes, but you go through a metal detector. Aldens and Vibergs set off the metal detector, because of the metal shanks.

That's why I always fly in Galways!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics