• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

z8k1n

Reaction score
A couple pair I've been hiking in many times/wearing around trying to beat up but they are like MoneyMayweather
IMG_7248.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shrug. Maybe my feet just don't sweat but I never had a problem with liner leather or heard of a need for it. I mean, does anyone really treat the INSIDE of their shoes once a month (like that thread suggests)?

Well, it's not part of my regular routine, but if I see a part of the lining getting dry, I just dab it with Renovatour when working on the shoes. It's leather, so I guess same rules apply as for the outside. No polish needed though!-)

I've conditioned the leather lining of some of my vintage pairs when I get them and others if they get thoroughly soaked.
Definitely not a part of my regular care routine.

I think the "once a month"is a catch all recommendation. It really depends on how much you wear them, for how long, socks/no socks etc. It definitely doesn't need to be done as often as the outside. And (personally) I only use a light conditioner like Lexol or AE leather lotion. Its why I suggest doing it every other or every third time you would condition the outside instead of monthly.

gte872h

Reaction score
Question for those of you with the same size in the 1035 and 2040 last. What is your experience on length and toe box width comparison?

Thx guys and happy Friday!

I have the same question as Duck, above. I have a 2040 and a 2005 D width and would like to hear from others who could offer fit comparisons to the 310 last which Division Road offers. Thanks.

It's kind of hard to say since everyone's feet are different. I've only very recently received a pair on the 2040, but I'd recommend the same size between 1035 and 2040. The length feels the same to me. On width, I'd give a slight edge to the 1035 over 2040. Have to say my 2040s have an unstructured toe while my 1035s are partial structured, so maybe that's interfering with my assessment a bit. My 2040s are not broken in yet though. Looking top down, the toe box appears identical in shape.

I sized down 0.5 size for the 310 and it's fine for me. However, if I had to do it again I'd go with the same size for all of Viberg's lasts except one. Viberg's square toe hiker last on the 320 is huge. A half size down is perfect.

Division Road's black oil tan roughouts on the 310 looks great.

Last edited:

Graemsay

Reaction score
Styleforum x Viberg Hoppers. Completely awesome, and half a size too small.

Hoppers.jpg

Kevin K

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for suggesting about the cleaning/conditioning the inside! I really appreciate the help!

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0815.JPG
Here are a couple of last comparisons. Boots 2045 last, brown roughout on 110 last and tan on 1035. FYI. Boots (new)and brown roughout 145's (used)will be posted on buy and sell tonight. Let me know if you want any other comparison photos of these 3. All these are size 8.5

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="DuckOB, post: 89791 Here are a couple of last comparisons. Boots 2045 last, brown roughout on 110 last and tan on 1035. FYI. Boots (new)and brown roughout 145's (used)will be posted on buy and sell tonight. Let me know if you want any other comparison photos of these 3. All these are size 8.5[/QUOTE]

Still love the 2045...

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. I really like them, but I don't think I would wear them much. It's too hot down here for these most of the year.
I thought of that as I typed.

I'm wearing the Spymasters in the Florida summer with no ill effects. Actually, wearing any boots in the Fl summer is no problem for me.

Would you be interested in a GMTO Black CXL Chukka on the 110. Commando lug half sole that I was posting about on the current GMTO thread?

On edit: Just read about your black WF Freeman's chukka.

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Why did the notre shop stop carrying viberg? I find it odd that its still listed as one of the retailers.

I've been fond of the Cap toe Chicago tan Latigo boot... do previous make ups eventually return?

gte872h

Reaction score
Why did the notre shop stop carrying viberg? I find it odd that its still listed as one of the retailers.

I've been fond of the Cap toe Chicago tan Latigo boot... do previous make ups eventually return?

Sneakers... Heard they had a hard time unloading their suede wedge makeups.

Have a pair of Chicago tan latigo derbies. Great leather. Vegetable tanned leather seem to be in right now. Maybe it'll come back around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads