Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

is this the same horsebutt as the context boots? if so, i am in for these

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

3. gte872h

gte872h Senior member

It seems like they have been using brass eyelets lately for their black boots. The black horsehide derby boots as were done this way as well as quite a few pics I saw from the sample sale. I really like the look myself, but I can see how others might not like it as much as I do.

4. metranger8694

My specs on the Sinister's(and Raneleigh's SCSB's) were approved by Viberg for Antique brass eyelets.

Viberg approved and used Gunmetal eyelets on the Spymaster all black Service boot. So there's that...

They could have given us a choice on the Sinister's. I would have taken Gunmetal if brass was the only other option.

It's called Sinister for the look. I want to change them out. But not pay for them of course.

Anyhow. I'd love to hear from @LA Guy what happened.

5. gte872h

gte872h Senior member

No. I hear you on the spec thing. Just trying to provide the artist's train of thought. Haha

6. trevorplease

trevorplease Well-Known Member

What last are they usually on?

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Honestly, when these arrived, I was buried neck deep in work on the transition, and we were working under a big deadline.

So, unfortunately, I barely had these in my hands for more than a cursory check, and they seemed fine to me, so I didn't register if there was a hardware change. I may have pics, but they are in my archives somewhere. We do allow for small changes at the factory level, as we've explained before, since otherwise would make production impossible. I can understand why this would have been considered an acceptable change - under other circumstances, gun metal would have been considered a much more radical change. Unfortunately. that is all that I can do in the way of an explanation. I don't even have an extra pair here to check anything against. I really do wish that I had a better idea of what happened.

I don't have enough time right now to do another GMTO (maybe a bit later in they year?) and on that run I'll be more clear on the concept, so that whoever is in charge of production (Drew is now longer at Viberg - he is off on a pretty cool adventure though) will have a better idea of what good changes would be.

Cheers,

Fok.

8. metranger8694

It's not on you of course, Fok.

Gunmetal eyelets are a closer shade to antique brass than shiny brass is to antique brass and I think more appropriate for the Sinister's concept. I wonder if they were out of antique brass?

Anyways, it would have been nice if they gave you a heads up for us. Maybe they could in the future.

But what can you do. Time to move on.

Thanks again.

9. metranger8694

I was being sarcastic.

Seems like nearly every new Viberg issue is on the 2030.

We want the 110 danggummit.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That will pretty much only happen in the GMTO.

11. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Where do you guys get your Vibergs resoled? Do you send them in?

12. SoyBoy2

SoyBoy2 Active Member

I agree with you on 110 galldarnit.
    The GMTO Spymaster waxed flesh is a boot that fit me the best out of the box. Virtually no pain (wore them 10 hours on 1st day)

13. billymax

billymax Senior member

This is the 145 Oxford with a structured toe on the 110 last that goes to the Asian retailers. It used to be everywhere. I had some of this exact model made up in several leathers right before the MTO ended and I haven't seen any since, except for a few that show up in Japan in smaller sizes from retailers that don't ship to the US. I would be surprised if what you tried on at the sample sale were oxfords. They were most likely Derbies. I love this makeup, but most Viberg lovers think it's too clunky and orthopedic looking. I don't care, it's still my favorite Berg and I literally wear a pair every day. If these ever come up for a GMTO, I guarantee that I'll buy as many pairs as necessary to get the minimum necessary to get them made.

14. billymax

billymax Senior member

Wearing a pair now. Take that clunky haters.

IMG_0795.JPG

15. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

they had the 145 lace to toe oxfords at the sample sale which apparently are sold in Japan. if they weren't two toned, I would've bought a couple.