1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Well I have decided I am in

2. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

If these were being ordered in spring and delivered at the end of summer or start of fall, I'd probably bite. I lack the patience to order a beautiful pair of boots, pay for them in January, get them in late March, and wait to wear them until around October. Next October, however, I will regret not getting them. Life.

3. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

That's why I will break down and wear them in the spring and heck most likely the summer regardless

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Me too. I wear most of my boots year round

5. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

Do you guys wear your Vibergs when it snows?

6. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

since i got rid of my White's SJ rough-out & SD HH, my loden green Viberg service boots & Tricker's Malton had been "weatherized" & taken over [snow] duties ... since both are on commando soles :slayer:

7. palma

palma Senior member

Is it worth shelling out $800+ for a pair of hikers? I could almost buy 3 pairs of Danners or Diemme for that price. So, is there really that big of a difference in quality. Both are domestically made, Danners are Gore-Tex lined and use pretty heavy hides. I planning on getting suede so they will be a standard thickness.

8. scb

scb Senior member

my 66 Hikers are what I always wear in the snow

9. sazon

sazon Senior member

If those navy shell boots were some kind of brown-ish tone, I'd be on them like Jimmy the Gent on Swag.

I'd sell whatever Aldens I had to get a pair of Vibergs in brown shell, a la Johnny Rich ! :slayer:

10. Finn666

Finn666 Well-Known Member

Quote:800USD+...no way! mine were 575USD shipped (ordered through ironheart forum and group order of 4 people!)...didn't infact the pricing though. hikers are priced 200-300less than your standard service boot (unless you go the horsehide route on your hikers that is!)...

11. Royal42

Royal42 Senior member

The 68 Pachena Bay hiker available on Workboot.com is better than any other Fashion make-up Viberg has made for almost twice the price.

But I'd agree, buying a domestically-made boot with all the necessary bells and whistles to get you through a messy winter at a fraction of the cost is definitely a "smarter" choice.

12. pasteurisation

Those hikers look like a perfect pair of boots for snowy & icy winter.

13. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

We will be putting some hikers (66 and 68) on Viberg.com this Fall and they definitely will not cost that much. I assume that would have been the price quoted for a single pair custom order. Shoot me an email if you'd like to discuss further.

14. pasteurisation

Hi Guy, will they be less expensive than the ones on Workboot.com?

15. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

Unfortunately, no. The boots on workboot.com don't usually cross over with the offerings on viberg.com, the hiker being the eventual exception. The 68 currently available represents a sort of base cost on that model in regards to material choice. Versions to be released on viberg.com will likely use different leather, outsoles, hardware, etc. and the price will reflect that. Functionally speaking all of our boots are built with the same production methods, so if you're simply looking for a tough, comfortable hiking boot the 66 and 68 on workboot.com will more than suffice. I haven't talked about it on here before because for the most part the customer doesn't cross over, but we'll be relaunching workboot.com in a month or so with a completely new look and a much more accurate representation of available product.

1 person likes this.
  16. pasteurisation

Thank you very much for your time Guy. I will definitely check out new workbook.com!

17. LeCorb

LeCorb Member

1940 Navy service boot

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

19. palma

palma Senior member

Still quite a premium, but more reasonable. Did you all have to order the exact same thing. Need to organize another hiker order. Seems like there is enough interest and maybe with 10 people or something could get it near $450 range?
    Ya and the Danner/Diemme aren't hideous either.
    Oh I see thanks. Hopefully, there will be a choice of more than 1 or 2 colors.
    The ones on workboot.com only come in one dull color. But, I see your point that they are really just a functional item. But, I think if we could get a wider selection of colors at that price point or similar would be nice. People on SF, including myself, are particular about options. A mid-price hiker between Danner and 'Premium' Vibergs would be nice.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  20. LeCorb

LeCorb Member

J

It is latigo leather, robust tannage similar to chromexcel. It is cow hide with a smooth texture.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014