• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grabbed these off of grailed this past week. From what I could gather, these were a japanese makeup on the 2045 last in black roughout and what looks like bison.
Look good. They are my size and thought about buying them. How do you like the sole? Enjoy!

beepbop

Reaction score
Look good. They are my size and thought about buying them. How do you like the sole? Enjoy!
Ripple sole's really cool, but quite stiff. I don't have much experience with this sole, so hopefully it breaks in a bit.

Also, has anyone noticed shoes fitting differently between GYW and SD? I have a pair of SD shell on 2030, and two pairs of GYW on 2030 in dusty black calf and beige Kangaroo, and they both fit noticeably looser. Even my SD derbies on 2045 are tighter than my GYW pairs on the same size.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ripple sole's really cool, but quite stiff. I don't have much experience with this sole, so hopefully it breaks in a bit.

Also, has anyone noticed shoes fitting differently between GYW and SD? I have a pair of SD shell on 2030, and two pairs of GYW on 2030 in dusty black calf and beige Kangaroo, and they both fit noticeably looser. Even my SD derbies on 2045 are tighter than my GYW pairs on the same size.

I find it the opposite. my gyw boots feel tighter than my sd in the same size. I am trying 0.5 size up now on the gyw and it feels a bit better.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Don't own 2030, since it does not work for my fEEt size .... But, on the 1035s, I actually sized up 1/2 on both SD boots, from my 1035 GYW Latigo Derbies ...
1f914.png
1f4ad.png

Last edited:

jlchau

Reaction score

The black horsehide pair on GYW I have definitely fit looser than the same sized stitchdown pairs I have (Natural CXL, Black Waxed Flesh, Snuff Kudu). All 2030.

gte872h

Reaction score
Quick follow up to the black engineers I bought at the sample sale. One of the boots had dyed black stitching and the other did not. I used a bit of Fiebings leather dye to even them out. I'm also putting up some comparison pics vs my brown cxl engineers which are a half size down in E width. The black engineers are a D width and fit me a bit better due to the added 1/2 size in length. The black engineers are structured and the brown engineers are unstructured. I'd also like to add that the black engineers seem a bit sleeker while wearing due to the D width and black stitching.

Before

After and comparison

Aviv

Reaction score
Had to pick these up from Meadow after seeing some tantalizing shots on IG. I've been looking for the right pull on option from Viberg and this is finally it. Excuse the dumb iPhone selfie:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head here brother. SD is the Viberg look, and whenever I'm wearing them I always find myself looking down drawn to this particular aesthetic. Thanks for the affirmation.

Ditto. I was hanging with friends last weekend, sitting around a table. I was wearing my Route 10 chukkas. I can't count the number of times I looked down at them and marveled.

But it's the same with the other pairs of Vibergs I have. All on stitchdown. Just saying.

I think the Route 10's are the heaviest chukka boot ever created.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a bit of TLC for the horse hides after a week of wear

ShootThePier

Reaction score
They look great! That toe box is bulbous. I have the 1035 SD with toecap. Two completely different looking shoes.
Very nice.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look great! That toe box is bulbous. I have the 1035 SD with toecap. Two completely different looking shoes.
Very nice.

thx. def more workboot than dress boot with the 2045. i had the 1035 ones as well but sized incorrectly. then they switched it GYW and you know how that goes. but at sample sale prices, I am more than happy to own these.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Used to have apprehensions taking on Viberg 1035 due to fEEt size :)

As it turns out, this particular last is the most versatile across [all?] of Vibergdom, IMO. The shape of the toe allows more forefoot access. A great feature for true E-E+ folks like me.

Though not as sleek as 2030, 1035 unstructured & partially structured has lower profile toe ...even the fully structured toe is still lower, as compared to 2040/2045/110/310. As such, aesthetics work on both__ more casual make ups__ as well as rugged, work-inspired urban steez ... like the Boondockers. Of course, for [real] outdoorsy or work-related utility, I still would much prefer the comfort of a 110 or 2045 ... just saying ;)

Toe-to-toe comparison between the 2005 1st & 2nd versus the 1035: 2005s are unstructured & 1035s are partially structured ***Noticed the vamp on the GYW derbies to be less restricting = more amenable to stretching.

Hopper in Tobbaco Chamois, Loden Green, Ebony Latigo, Black Pit Tanned Bison, & Marine Tan Latigo
00C96984-E0E1-4F1C-9FD1-64A087453A5E.jpg

C961BA28-78A7-49D2-AAB2-932B36D52A89.jpg

786A6808-E804-4A0B-B2CE-B842554B07AC.jpg

Last edited:

docalden2013

Reaction score
'Used to have apprehensions taking on Viberg 1035 due to fEEt size
smile.gif

As it turns out, this particular last is the most versatile across [all?] of Vibergdom, IMO. The shape of the toe allows more forefoot access. A great feature for true E-E+ folks like me.

Though not as sleek as 2030, 1035 unstructured & partially structured has lower profile toe ...even the fully structured toe is still lower, as compared to 2040/2045/110/310. As such, aesthetics work on both__ more casual make ups__ as well as rugged, work-inspired urban steez ... like the Boondockers. Of course, for [real] outdoorsy or work-related utility, I still would much prefer the comfort of a 110 or 2045 ... just saying
wink.gif

Toe-to-toe comparison between the 2005 1st & 2nd versus the 1035: 2005s are unstructured & 1035s are partially structured ***Noticed the vamp on the GYW derbies to be less restricting = more amenable to stretching.

Hopper in Tobbaco Chamois, Loden Green, Ebony Latigo, Black Pit Tanned Bison, & Marine Tan Latigo
00C96984-E0E1-4F1C-9FD1-64A087453A5E.jpg

C961BA28-78A7-49D2-AAB2-932B36D52A89.jpg

786A6808-E804-4A0B-B2CE-B842554B07AC.jpg
Very nice collection, IIIrd. My 1035 collection is growing, having acquired horsehide derbies, beige calf derbies, horsehide service boots and the waxed flesh service boots this past year. I wholeheartedly concur about the last being comfy and straddling the workboot vs dress fence well enough.

If you would be so kind as to share, where did the olive/military green laces come from? Been looking for a pair all over the place and didn't quite find what I was looking for with the usual suspects, shoelacesexpress.com and TZ Laces...

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you would be so kind as to share, where did the olive/military green laces come from? Been looking for a pair all over the place and didn't quite find what I was looking for with the usual suspects, shoelacesexpress.com and TZ Laces... 

Thanx
1f64f-1f3fc.png
... U got some fab boots acquisition, as well.

I sometimes switch laces F/W & S/S just to break the monotony. Bought those laces @ConverseStore in SoHo. They make it @whatever lenght u want. The quality is much better than the pre-packed ones available in-store. The tips copper or something metallic, so they don't crack or fray.
33F67B1A-4FB0-48B2-AC93-68BA009E89F0.jpg

Actually, I'm thinking of asking if they can change the tips on the [spare] flat waxed laces I've put aside.

Last edited:

docalden2013

Reaction score

Thanx
1f64f-1f3fc.png
... U got some fab boots acquisition, as well.

I sometimes switch laces F/W & S/S just to break the monotony. Bought those laces @ConverseStore in SoHo. They make it @whatever lenght u want. The quality is much better than the pre-packed ones available in-store. The tips copper or something metallic, so they don't crack or fray.
33F67B1A-4FB0-48B2-AC93-68BA009E89F0.jpg

Actually, I'm thinking of asking if they can change the tips on the [spare] flat waxed laces I've put aside.
Those look even better in your closeup. Thanks so much for pointing out the Converse option. Will definitely call them for help, since the website only has basic red, blue and black available.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads