1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I'd go with the 11.5 in 2030. I think it's a bit wider and longer than the Barrie of the same size, so it should be of a similar width to the 11E, and long enough to fit you. Is the 11.5D in Barrie too long?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. BicklesPickles

BicklesPickles Active Member

Thanks misterjuiceman,

The 11.5D is a little long. 11D is a little short and too narrow, 11E is almost perfect because it adds just a touch of length and enough room in the toe. I have some TruBalance Indy's that are 11.5D and I have to wear them with thick socks(which is fine in my book). Sounds like I'd be in a similar situation on the 2030?

3. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

Custom people should start learning how to read custom forms, seriously. By the way, did you mark the shoes on custom forms as "shoes made in Canada"?

4. scb

scb Senior member

I shipped them back in the original Viberg box that says Viberg and Canada all over it :)

5. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

6. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ if I had to guess just by looking, I would sy the chukkas are on 110 and the service boots on 2030. fwiw

7. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

I think its the 110 also, gonna roll the dice and see.......
    [​IMG]

8. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

is that harness leather on the Service Boots? very tempting

9. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Looking at it, I'd agree with this. Good luck!

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Ended up ordering based on those guesses, we will see. Finally nice to get sizing down at a cheaper price too and in time to get the loden ones if sizing works out

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

These, for sure, are the 11o0 last. I saw them in person, on Nigel, last January, and they are definitely the traditional, rounded toe chukka. Really distinctive, too.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I finally received my Viberg x 3sixteen boots

1) Great presentation. Sturdy box, attractive shoe bags, free extra laces and a small bottle of Venetian "Leather Balm" (how should I use this product?)
    2) Boots feel extremely solid and well made. I can't find any QC issues or anything
    3) I love the Dainite sole on these
    3) I ordered size 9.5. I wear 9.5E in large Alden lasts (Barrie, Trubalance) and 10E in Grant and Aberdeen. These boots look similar in width and length to my Barrie and Grant boots. Which means they fit well :slayer:

This is a worthy addition to my collection. I'm super pleased with these boots. Pics later (probably this weekend when I can get some sunlight on them)

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

Thanks for the info

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

Great news! Enjoy them!

15. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Apropos the Venetian Balm: when you clean your boots (shouldn't be too often), clean them with a wet cloth, let them dry, brush them down, apply a small amount of the balm all over the leather.

Let it settle for 20 minutes, then brush it down, and then use a soft, dry cloth to buff the shoe to a nice sheen.

Be warned that Venetian Balm always gives a very glossy look, so if that's not what you're going for, don't use it.

16. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Just a FYI for anyone buying Viberg from BNY, they are US sized on the website or Madison Ave NYC

Have fun

17. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

So does a 9 US on Barneys correspond to an 8 straight from Viberg?

18. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Yes.......

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Out from behind the desk and actually getting to use these as work boots for the next few days. Love these boots!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    2 people like this.