1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

I've been discussing a "Boondocker" boot in the "Marine Field Shoe" reverse CXL leather with Viberg. They've indicated that we could receive around a 10% discount for a group order of 10 or more pairs. Each boot would need to be built to the exact same specs. If it's not possible to get ten guys together, the leather is still available for individual custom orders (price around $665).

[​IMG]

2. Royal42

Royal42 Senior member

Would you put a commando sole on it or leave as is?

3. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

We could do a commando sole. We could do a totally different boot. The catch is, whatever we do: any changes would have to be agreed upon by 10 guys.

Personally, I would love to see a commando sole on this boot (i.e. Viberg 1950's service boot).

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Start a thread dedicated to pulling together a group purchase. Link it here, rancourt, and wherever else would be relevant. Depending on when you need the money and final configuration, I'd be in :slayer:

5. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

i've been trading emails with them also, just haven't had the time to measure my feet for my pair.. will wait a bit to see if a possible group buy comes to fruition. I'm in for a pair that looks like the pic posted, possibly still in if commando sole is incorporated instead.

6. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

im interested in well; if commando sole, i think a half sole will work best

7. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

I might be interested in that boondocker special order Kashiwa, depending on timing/funds.
    Need to take a ferry up to Victoria some time and check out the shop.

8. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

I might be potentially interested as well. I live just a ferry ride away from viberg as well

9. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Well we've had at least 7 guys express interest in the boot, so I think I'll start up a separate thread. Feel free to broadcast it around.

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

You guys are killing me. I may have to sell some Aldens and get in on this. How does sizing run on Viberg?

11. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

12. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

I wear a 7.5 in the Alden Plaza last and a 7 with the Viberg service boots (with thick socks and no insole). I've also tried a 6.5 and they were tight.

13. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

i see most shops advising to size down a whole size from your actual shoe size (same as your UK size).
    for example i'm a size 8.5US, i wear size 8 in Alden barrie but will probably need size 7.5 in Viberg

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Does viberg not do widths too?

15. cj610

cj610 Senior member

Good q.........

16. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Has anyone ever seen Vibergs with a White's style "cuban" heel?

17. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

no, but they offer a few different lasts.

18. Sixers31

Sixers31 New Member

hi all. new to the forum. I would really love a pair of Viberg hiker 66. i am size 12US in most shoes, nikes etc. i believe i actually wear an 11.5 in alden. it seems the recomendation is that they fit true to size, so i would need the 11UK. Is this indeed true or should i size a half size down to the 10.5UK? thanks for all the help, Dave

19. Sixers31

Sixers31 New Member

hi all. new to the forum. I would really love a pair of Viberg hiker 66. i am size 12US in most shoes, nikes etc. i believe i actually wear an 11.5 in alden. it seems the recomendation is that they fit true to size, so i would need the 11UK. Is this indeed true or should i size a half size down to the 10.5UK? thanks for all the help, Dave

20. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Dave, I would check in with the folks at Viberg to be sure, but it's my guess that 10.5 would likely suit you better...depending on the last, of course.