1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. scb

scb Senior member

I can't decided if an 11 2030 is too narrow for me. comparative sizing: 11E Barrie, Trubalance.

2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

i'm US 8E on Indy = UK 8 on 2005 last.
    IMO, you need a 2040.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

It may be. I found the 2030 to be very similar to a barrie D. I also found a trubalance E width very similar to the110 last.

4. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Agreed---2030 is very slightly wider than the same size Barrie in D, and wider in the heel, I'd say.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I agree completely on the heel width being slightly wider than the Barrie. I find the 2030 to sit between the Barrie and Trubalance in terms of width. I find it more narrow than the Turbalance but slightly wider than the Barrie.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Just wanted you guys to know that this poll is ending this Sunday. We will most likely go forward with The Tan Bison Scout boot on the 110 last, Loden Green Serivce boots with a brogued captoe on the 2030 last, and just four pairs (that's all the leather available) of heather grey roughout chukkas on the 110 last.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/369843/viberg-for-styleforummarket-mto-round-2-poll/0_50

Hope you guys see something there that you'd like. The descriptions are all there.

Cheers,

Fok.

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Hmm. So my soon to arrive 9.5 Vibergs may be too narrow for my 9.5E Barrie feet? I usually stick with size 10 in shoes that I can't get an E width in... Going 9.5 may have been a mistake

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Hey Fok, I'm about to put a deposit down for another chukka with different options (2030 last) directly through Viberg, so I'll be out for the heather grey chukka, which I had voted on. My bad since I was pretty vocal about the chukka, hopefully it still gets made and people enjoy it.

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

After reading a number of old posts, I'm increasingly worried about my size...

For people that wear wide/US-E/UK-F widths, it seems the proper advice for the 2030 last is

1) Convert your wide size to a normal size. For example, if you wear 9.5E, you are close to a 10D
    2) Buy that equivalent size. So the 2030 size would be a 9UK/10US

This gives you maximum latitude to wear thick socks (which seems appropriate for this type of boot)

Thoughts? I'm probably over thinking this...

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I wouldn't be too concerned yet. I am an 8D Barrie and it is quite snug on me. I could probably go out one width in boots. I am able to wear my 8 Vibergs with a Danner sock which is similar to a Smart Wool (so fairly thick).

11. BIGBERTHA

BIGBERTHA Well-Known Member

For what its worth...I found the size 6.5 Viberg 2030 to be nearly identical to 7D Alden Barrie. The 7D was certainly wearable, but noticeably looser.

12. scb

scb Senior member

so I posted yesterday that I'm an 11E barrie/trubalance and wasn't sure about the 2030 in a size 11. I sent back my 2030 last boots today. They were too narrow.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You probably want something in the 110 last then, which has a more traditional round toe, and which, imo, is the best choice for more casual styles. We'll actually be offer a tan bison scout boot on the 110 last and with double leather soles (our take on the boondocker) at the Styleforummarket store, for preorders, starting tomorrow). I think that the 2030 last is good for some boots, but I don't think that it is the be all and end for all Viberg makeups. It looks really nice on the internet, which I believe contributes to its popularity, but, having seen and owned boots on different lasts, I think that it really depends on the particular makeup.

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

I just received my Viberg service boots in Black shell cordovan.
    Great looking boot imo.

:slayer::worship2::drool:

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

I found my D width V's to be a bit wider than Barrie boots so you may not be out of luck...
    Let's hope they work for you!

16. scb

scb Senior member

I tried the black cordovan in an 11. Otherwise I'd probably have stayed away from the 2030

so if anyone wants an 11 in the black shell, it's on the way back to Viberg now

17. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

Today at Noon the Country Derby Boot goes live on Viberg.com. Available in Black and Brown Waxed Flesh, both on the 2040 last with a Commando Sole. I'll be putting up a post on the Journal later this week going into detail on this new offering and some of the design process.

[​IMG]

18. onehotchili

onehotchili Senior member

I looked on the Viberg website and they will have a Size Guide forthcoming on their fits and lasts. just curious if I am a 9.0D Alden Trubalance / 9.5D Alden Plaza, what last and size would I be closest to in Viberg?

From what I can tell, there are a 110, 2030, 2040, and ?!?! lasts in Viberg. So many confusion choices....

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

9 in the 2030, possibly an 8.5 on the 110 depending on your foot. The length of the 2030 is a tough long for me compared to same size in Alden Barrie but due to the width I stay with that size and it fits great. If I went with the 110 I may go down a half size due to the extra width

1 person likes this.
  20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

These look great!! I think I may "need" the brown ones. Do you recommend sizing the 2040 the same as the 2030?