1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Kot damn I love boondockers!

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Hrmmm some heel slippage with my new Vibergs based on a couple minutes of indoor try-on. Insoles maybe? Rest of the boot fits comfortably though.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  3. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Heel slippage generally goes away after a period of wear, after that time (around 2 weeks) it's still slipping, then maybe inserts.

4. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Is it 110 last? These seem to be wide at the heels...

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

6. legendofthepanda

legendofthepanda Well-Known Member

How long is the process to order custom boots? I emailed Morgan (through mto@viberg.com) about a week ago, exchanged some emails about what I wanted, told him I was ready to drop the deposit then no reply for about 5 days now.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

16-24 weeks was mentioned earlier in the thread.

8. legendofthepanda

legendofthepanda Well-Known Member

I assume that's the time for development, I have yet to pay for my initial deposit.

9. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

The adventure continues...

Snagged these off the 'Bay a few days ago, they're my ideal boots. They're brand new with no wear whatsoever. Now that I've had both, I think I prefer the Cat's Paw heel with Vibram 269 sole vs. the Dainite soles, too. But they don't fit. It just confirmed I am a size 8 and can't squeeze into a 7.5. So I'll put them back up later.

But yeah, this is it. Going to have to go the MTO route and play the waiting game. ...sigh..

Black Oil Tan, y'all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  10. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

^Beauteous 'berg!

With regard to Cat's Paw Vs. Dainite, it's been my experience that the Dainite sole is more hard-wearing. There are Cat's Paws on my 4 Horsemen Service Boot, and they've worn down much faster than the Dainites on my chukkas. Anyone else care to speak to the comparison?

11. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

it is from my experience as well that Dainite is much more durable than cat's paw.

Besides, viberg only uses cat's paw heels, which makes it less tempting to go that route.

12. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

What do you mean they only use cat's paw heels? They only offered me Dainite in the MTO route. Said cat's paw wasn't an option.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

i have a little heel slippage too, second wear trashed my heels :fu: need to break these in.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

the only 'cat's paw' part is the heel. the sole is vibram.

15. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

Teger is correct on what I meant.

When I ordered my pair a couple months ago, cat's paw heel was still on the table with no extra charge (I went with dainite). Maybe it's temporarily out of stock? I wouldn't be too concerned with outsole choices - they all wear off in a year or so and then you get to make your choice again when resoling :p

16. zippy7

zippy7 Member

Does that mean you usually wear a US 9 or an 8.5 in Alden Barrie last? I'm just trying to figure out which size to order in Viberg.

17. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Soles that wear faster can be good if you're a heelstriker like me and like a little cushion..

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Zippy I am an 8 in Alden Barrie and 7.5UK in Trickers 4497 and the 8 in the Viberg 2030 is perfect fit. I would recommend your Barrie size

19. Teger

Teger Senior member

IME go with your Barrie size for the 2030 last. It's very narrow in the toe and tapered - I have maybe an inch in front of my big toe, but there's no way a size down could fit. If you have narrow feet you could maybe go down half a size.

20. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Agree with this. I went with my Alden Barrie size in the 2030 last and the fit was just right, just a bit of room to spare. Like Teger said, if I went down a half size, would have been too tight and uncomfortable.