Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ysb

ysb Senior member

Didn't see a thread in SW&D through search (and only a small on in MC) so I wanted to see if people have any experience with these boots, namely, finding a pair. Do you have to order direct from them? I'm interested in getting the Bobcat models that's similar/same to the one in the B&S forum I think they look great, and I'm not sure if I have enough boots. [​IMG] The version of the Bobcat that's on their webpage definitely does not look like this, I think it's a model for the overseas market? [​IMG]

2. kubrick

kubrick Well-Known Member

I actually PM'ed the user about his boots and this is what he said To answer your question, I had them custom built through Baker's back when they still carried Viberg. http://www.bakershoe.com/

3. ysb

ysb Senior member

Thanks, I PM'd that guy too. I'm trying to see if I can make them work. I'm a 44 in CP sneakers and usually an 11-11.5 in most shoes, but heard that these run about a full size big.

4. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I have been interested in Viberg ever since I saw this video: . Their boots appear to be really well made unlike another popular shoe manufacturer located in New England... [​IMG]

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

quite a cool company, located in victoria. fourhorsemen did a really nice collab with them recently: http://fourhorsemen.ca/shop/4-horsem...-service-boot/
    those things look incredible. I've lusted after them since they came out.

7. david3558

david3558 Senior member

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

quite a cool company, located in victoria. fourhorsemen did a really nice collab with them recently:

http://fourhorsemen.ca/shop/4-horsem...-service-boot/

wow, those are a bit expensive. anyone seen them in person? there not really my thing but they look nice.

10. *#..

*#.. Senior member

wow, those are a bit expensive. anyone seen them in person? there not really my thing but they look nice.

^Yeah, $595? Does someone have more experience with these to justify such a high price tag?

11. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

those soles are really bad

+1. Want to know how they wear. It seems they are using a lot of these soles in their models.

12. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

+1. Want to know how they wear. It seems they are using a lot of these soles in their models.
    yeah, I dont really care how they wear, they look like orthopedic shoes, they remind me of [​IMG]

13. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I've checked them out in person a couple of times and they're definitely one of the most solid and attractive boots I've had the pleasure of handling. I'd love to own a pair, but the price tag is a real deterrent to a poor grad student.

14. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    Ah, they are a bit too expensive for my liking at the moment.

I have had the pleasure of checking them out a couple of times. They seem really sturdy, very well made and SUPER heavy (too heavy maybe). But I also have to ask, why some of their boots includes fabric like denim or a hemp canvas. I don't see either holding up as well as leather.

I was thinking about getting some White's instead.

15. the_state

the_state Senior member

They look good, but I'm sure the quality can't be THAT much greater then Red Wing or a similar brand. The prices are all absurd and I think people are trendhopping b/c Red Wing is so beyond ubiquitous.