1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ysb

ysb Senior member

Didn't see a thread in SW&D through search (and only a small on in MC) so I wanted to see if people have any experience with these boots, namely, finding a pair. Do you have to order direct from them? I'm interested in getting the Bobcat models that's similar/same to the one in the B&S forum I think they look great, and I'm not sure if I have enough boots. [​IMG] The version of the Bobcat that's on their webpage definitely does not look like this, I think it's a model for the overseas market? [​IMG]

2. kubrick

kubrick Well-Known Member

I actually PM'ed the user about his boots and this is what he said To answer your question, I had them custom built through Baker's back when they still carried Viberg. http://www.bakershoe.com/

3. ysb

ysb Senior member

Thanks, I PM'd that guy too. I'm trying to see if I can make them work. I'm a 44 in CP sneakers and usually an 11-11.5 in most shoes, but heard that these run about a full size big.

1 person likes this.
  4. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I have been interested in Viberg ever since I saw this video: . Their boots appear to be really well made unlike another popular shoe manufacturer located in New England... [​IMG]

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

quite a cool company, located in victoria. fourhorsemen did a really nice collab with them recently: http://fourhorsemen.ca/shop/4-horsem...-service-boot/
    those things look incredible. I've lusted after them since they came out.

7. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Superfuture kids are not too happy with Viberg collaborating with everyone. There's an Iron Heart x Viberg pair out right now.

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

those soles are really bad

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

quite a cool company, located in victoria. fourhorsemen did a really nice collab with them recently:

http://fourhorsemen.ca/shop/4-horsem...-service-boot/

wow, those are a bit expensive. anyone seen them in person? there not really my thing but they look nice.

10. *#..

*#.. Senior member

wow, those are a bit expensive. anyone seen them in person? there not really my thing but they look nice.

^Yeah, $595? Does someone have more experience with these to justify such a high price tag?

11. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

those soles are really bad

+1. Want to know how they wear. It seems they are using a lot of these soles in their models.

12. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

+1. Want to know how they wear. It seems they are using a lot of these soles in their models.
    yeah, I dont really care how they wear, they look like orthopedic shoes, they remind me of [​IMG]

13. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I've checked them out in person a couple of times and they're definitely one of the most solid and attractive boots I've had the pleasure of handling. I'd love to own a pair, but the price tag is a real deterrent to a poor grad student.

14. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    Ah, they are a bit too expensive for my liking at the moment.

I have had the pleasure of checking them out a couple of times. They seem really sturdy, very well made and SUPER heavy (too heavy maybe). But I also have to ask, why some of their boots includes fabric like denim or a hemp canvas. I don't see either holding up as well as leather.

I was thinking about getting some White's instead.

15. the_state

the_state Senior member

They look good, but I'm sure the quality can't be THAT much greater then Red Wing or a similar brand. The prices are all absurd and I think people are trendhopping b/c Red Wing is so beyond ubiquitous.

16. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I've checked them out in person a couple of times and they're definitely one of the most solid and attractive boots I've had the pleasure of handling. I'd love to own a pair, but the price tag is a real deterrent to a poor grad student.

cool. thanks.

17. YuppieSkuppie

YuppieSkuppie Active Member

To everyone complaining about the price... what are you, in high school? Quality wise, they're worth every penny. Sure there's some diminishing returns between a $300 boot and a $600 boot, but that's the way it is with everything.

Those 4Horsemen boots are amazing, I've seen them in person. They're too narrow for me, but I had some custom boots made by Viberg for me instead. Essentially they're bobcats on their 110 last (same as on one of their loggers and their oxfords), with a dark reddish leather and a few little changes. I just posted them in another thread but I'll take any excuse to show them off. This is after a couple months of wear; they still need more polishing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

^ Those look awesome man!

As far as the price goes, it's really a product you need to handle/ try on to fully appreciate. It's no exaggeration to say they produce the highest quality footwear i have ever handled. We sell Red Wings and i own a pair and love them, but Vibergs are really on a whole different level. It's funny to hear people complain about the number of collaborations they've done. There are less than 10 stores in N. America that carry Viberg Boots, and even fewer that have truly collaborated with them. It's also worth noting that most of these runs are less than 10 pairs. The blue Leffot hiker for example, showed up all over the internet, but only 8 pairs were produced, and i don't think there is even anymore of the leather available. Claims about quality and craftsmanship get thrown around a lot in this industry, but Viberg is a company that is truly deserving of these distinctions. I'm in their factory at least once a month and there simply aren't many operations like this left in the world. Most of the people working in their have been doing it for 20+ years, and then you've got Glen Viberg himself on the floor everyday working on and inspecting every single pair of boots that leaves the shop. This level of care and attention to detail needs to be celebrated, especially by our 'quality' driven market.

There is a great feature on them in the most recent Inventory that would be worth tracking down if any of you are interested in learning a bit more about the company.

1 person likes this.
  19. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

i am currently arranging a group buy for vibergs horsehide boot well be one of the first people who will own a viberg boot in horsehide check out sufu for the thread

could you link to the thread? don't feel like navigating the clsuterfuck that is sufu.

20. scb

scb Senior member