1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg boots- Any experience?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lee_44106, Nov 12, 2010.

1. CrocsRock

CrocsRock Well-Known Member

IMO these are all super ugly. But I guess maybe this look is trendy

Keep in mind, Viberg is only just starting to get into the fashion boot industry. Their roots are in designing and producing utilitarian workboots. This, they do splendidly.

Yes, someone might choose to wear the boot I posted above as a fashion statement. I personally would not, nor would I really understand doing so.

2. Bootcan

Bootcan Well-Known Member

My Viberg boots arrived today,the 14E hiker weighs in at 6.8 pounds a pair and the 15Dmerlot Bobcats are 6.85 pounds...STUNNING!:nodding:..The fit feels as if i had them custom measured,when fondling they feel like they're made of cement but slip these puppies on and it's slipper time.
    The workmanship,stitching and design is first class plus on both pair.. i haven't seen anything that compares,they don't skimp on the leather! took a little walk in the hikers just under a mile and only two little skin rubs on my big toes both at exactly the same spot,heels both fit nice and snug,bobcats a bit looser..The hiker feels like a pair of expensive running shoes with more bounce..felt funny walking and bouncing but oh so comfortable...my scarpas are thin cheap hard sandles compared to these...i'm so excited,tomorrow the bobcats are going for a walk.:slayer:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  3. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

pics!

4. Bootcan

[​IMG]

I took only one pic when they arrived..the merlot colour is hard to capture,they're much darker and the boot is slimmer in the forefoot"vamp"?and has more shape then they appear in online photos..I'll take some photos tomorrow and try to get the colour correct.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  5. Bootcan

[VIDEO][​IMG][/VIDEO][​IMG]sRGB..This is the best i can do for the color..not easy to figure this color out...now for my walk, have a feeling i'll be limping back,the bobcats seem like they need major breaking in,the hikers are much softer.:embar:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I give up on the color...these Bobcats seem camera shy...took a walk and they're awesome boots,very comfy,the vibram on these is quite hard,the Hiker fire and ice soles are like marshmallows.these may have been built on a different last,they have a similar shape to a Redwing beckman boot..all the photos online seem rounder in the vamp.

Last try..color and shape.hmmm i just realized nobody asked..:rotflmao:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  6. Bootcan

[​IMG]

My #66 hikers are broken in,took a good 3 hours...i'v broken in socks longer than these boots needed..anyone on the fence about getting these hikers should jump and
    grab a pair cuz these are the most comfortable boots or even shoes i have ever worn period.,.I need more pairs.:nodding:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  7. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Well-Known Member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
  8. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

bumping this :

best way to get a hold of Viberg? Ive contacted them, was promised a catalog/samples of custom available, then nothing came. :(

9. smah

smah Member

After 5 months of back and forth with Viberg, I have one word for this and any Viberg thread............White's!

10. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Well-Known Member

Doesnt Leffot carry them? You could try giving them a call.

11. Bootcan

Whites are ok..go ahead,order many a pair..post your thoughts.

12. Bootcan

I just don't see how anyone cannot get in contact with Viberg.boohoo boohoo...i think this forum setup is so confused that finding anything is difficult.booooohooooboooohooo.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  13. Bootcan

[​IMG]

Toronto salt has nothing on this thick leather,not to mention the pansie marxists i get to step on with 280 pounds while wearing 7 pounds of boots!..all you hear is"my toe"!!!!!!
    Yes you little commy i'm sure it hurts..but the gov will make it better.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  14. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Well-Known Member

about the best boot I've worn , have 4 pairs , Oxfords and Service boots .. weigh a ton mind ..