1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vests

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by edubs01, Mar 5, 2012.

1. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Do peeps here rock vests?
    What are your thoughts on them?

I am in the market for a more workwear style vest and came across the following.
    Thoughts on what I should choose?

Feel free to post others that you own or dig.

RRL
    [​IMG]

RRL
    [​IMG]

Steven Alan
    [​IMG]

Steven Alan
    [​IMG]

Polo
    [​IMG]

2. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

I like vests personally, although they seem to be out of favor at the moment. I like both those RRL vests. They're the most interesting of the bunch. The patch pockets on the Steven Alans are nice, but otherwise the vests themselves seem like rather dull fishing vests. I don't really care for the tan Polo one at all (not a big fan of tan vests in general).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  3. meso

meso Senior member

I like vests, but it's easy to look like a doofus in them.
    I do not personally want to look like I've been transported into the current day from 18-dickety-three.
    For that reason I generally stay clear of what could be called waistcoasts...
    Moving towards darker colors (browns, navy) that either work as a middle layer or are bulky enough to be an outer layer, matched with henleys, boots and denim.

[​IMG]
    Steven Alan hiking vest

[​IMG]
    Spellbound reversible (tan/olive) nautical style vest

[​IMG]
    Spellbound hooded tweed vest

4. elvi679

elvi679 Senior member

I really like the rrl vests I have recently gotten a couple and unfortunately wil. Probably be selling since they are too small. Both are xl and with vests I have found that I look much better when they are a bit oversized (since I am a long jacket) it is hard to find a vest that comes long so I have to go up a size.

5. elvi679

elvi679 Senior member

Just check out the style of Frank Muytjens, he wears vests often. Do a search and you will find some inspiration.