• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vestimenta Suit Quality

nmoraitis

Reaction score
I just purchased a Vestimenta suit that was on sale from $2250 for $1700 CDN. I was wondering if some people could give me some comments on there quality. Thanks!

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For fused suits, Vestimenta is at the high end. The fusing is light and flexible. I believe that there are some canvassed Vestimenta pieces, but I've not seen them.

The most important thing is that you like the silhouette and the fit.

Duveen

Reaction score
Hmm...I have tried on a ton of Vestimennta suits (@ US$600-800) and not pulled the trigger.

Agree with philosophe that if you love the silhouette & fit, more power to you. I'd say that for ~USD1500 you could have your pick of new Kitons and Attolinis on Ebay, if you like those cuts.

From a pure $/quality ratio I would say that at CAD 1700 you are not at a great spot on the curve (paying a lot for OK quality).

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I owned one vestimenta suit and I always thought it was made from an excellent fabric and was well fitting.

I think you paid a fair retail price.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
For fused suits, Vestimenta is at the high end. The fusing is light and flexible. I believe that there are some canvassed Vestimenta pieces, but I've not seen them. The most important thing is that you like the silhouette and the fit.
Hmm, I thought that most Vestimenta suits were canvassed. Perhaps I have only seen the canvassed ones. I know they manufacture for Armani Black Label and Classico, and those are all fully canvassed. Hell, they should be at that price point (US$2800+).

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Hmm, I thought that most Vestimenta suits were canvassed. Perhaps I have only seen the canvassed ones. I know they manufacture for Armani Black Label and Classico, and those are all fused. Hell, they should be at that price point (US$2800+).
I own an Armani Black Label suit that is definitely not fused - bought it at BG and it passed a bunch of pinch testing. Are you sure that Black Label is fused? Also, didn't mean to rain on the Vestimenta parade - $1,500 is a decent retail price for a good suit. But I am a firm believer that a 'fair retail price' means a pretty bad point on the $/value curve --> a price needs to be unfairly low for me to feel like I am getting my money's worth!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Black label and Classico are definitely not fused. Vestimenta also makes a house label called "Fatte a Mano" which has a number of hand finishing details. I have a few and they are nice, not Kiton mind you, but quite nice.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information guys, it is much appreciated.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
I have two Vestimenta suits. I think the quality is equal to or better than Corneliani/Canali. They are definitely fully canvassed. The cuts also fit me particularly well.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a Vestimenta sportcoat I found at a discount shop. Very nice, definitely not fused. Was a bit large for me so I flipped it on eBay for a modest profit.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vestimenta does not make fused suit to my knowledge. They are about Zegna or Canali mainline quality.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think Vman meant to say that the Armani stuff was definitely NOT fused. Otherwise his comment about justifying the price tag doesn't make any sense.

MikeF

Reaction score
Vestimenta has made fused suits in the past, and I have the bubbling to prove it.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was looking at Virtualclotheshorse site and saw some vestimentas in the Fatto A Mano line, my size at the high $500s, whats their general fit like (as I can always have them altered)?

And where can I try them on in person (DC Area), before I go ahead buying them online?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my vestimenta is not fused. i think they represent a good value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads