• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VERY Old Hairstyle ideas?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have about 5" long hair in the front and top and about 2 or 3" sides and back.

I am looking for a good 18th century hairstyle (NOT A WIG), any ideas?

Thanks!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MG_Darwinp.jpg
FTW

nystyle86

Reaction score
Unless you're lady gaga or a revolutionary war reenactor I don't think 18th century hairstyle will look good on anyone in 2010.
teacha.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
MG_Darwinp.jpg

FTW

Its a wig.

Originally Posted by nystyle86
Unless you're lady gaga or a revolutionary war reenactor I don't think 18th century hairstyle will look good on anyone in 2010.
teacha.gif

I don't care what looks acceptable (I wear a jabot to college), I want to know what is feasible.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
you know, if you leave a forum up long enough, it's only a matter of time before someone starts a thread asking how he can acheive a hairstyle with his 5 inch fringe that will remind us all of an industrialising England. When you think about it, it was surely inevitable.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This, coming from the guy who showed us a Youtube video from a Videogame asking what we thought of a character wearing a vest over a button-up over a turtle-neck sweater. All I can say is... keep up the good work
lol8[1].gif

Reaction score
I don't know why I should have to explain myself, but if you are going to be talking about my OTHER post, I daresay I have no choice. I am a rider. Riders wear things that people like you might not think so trendy. We don't care. We have done it for a thousand years, and we don't plan on stopping any time soon. I am also getting a history degree and enjoy volunteering at historical reenactments.
Again, I have no idea why I should be forced to explain myself.

Those of you that posted mature and useful things, such as NewYorkRanger, I thank you. The rest of you, however...

I came here for mature and objectively valuable commentary on clothing and style. I didn't come here to be mocked for what pompous witlings like you think is "nerdy", or not worthy of debate. I didn't come here to be flamed for what some arrogant buffoon barely older than me thinks is a "fringe", without having any idea how I wear my hair. And most definitely, I didn't come to hear to explain myself and the way I like to dress to a bunch of preening abecedarians who chafe at the first sign of someone doing something different.

I started coming to StyleForum months ago. I loved the content and the dialog. I thought it was mature.

I was wrong. Don't be expecting any positive publicity from me.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrMarketingDirector
I don't know why I should have to explain myself, but if you are going to be talking about my OTHER post, I daresay I have no choice. I am a rider. Riders wear things that people like you might not think so trendy. We don't care. We have done it for a thousand years, and we don't plan on stopping any time soon. I am also getting a history degree and enjoy volunteering at historical reenactments.

Those of you that posted mature and useful things, such as NewYorkRanger, I thank you. The rest of you, however...

I came here for mature and objectively valuable commentary on clothing and style. I didn't come here to be mocked for what pompous witlings like you think is "nerdy", or not worthy of debate. I didn't come here to be flamed for what some arrogant buffoon barely older than me thinks is a "fringe", without having any idea how I wear my hair. And most definitely, I didn't come to hear to explain myself and the way I like to dress to a bunch of preening abecedarians who chafe at the first sign of someone doing something different.

I started coming to StyleForum months ago. I loved the content and the dialog. I thought it was mature.

Quit being such a little *****.
ffffuuuu.gif

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
you know, if you leave a forum up long enough, it's only a matter of time before someone starts a thread asking how he can acheive a hairstyle with his 5 inch fringe that will remind us all of an industrialising England. When you think about it, it was surely inevitable.

Come on Matt, how many times have you been obsessed with something only to see it fizzle out? That's how I was with Terry Mahinski in the 5th grade. As for the hair style, how about a bunch of Score (like vaseline, before you ask), parted in the middle, and slicked back. Should remind everyone of a 19th Century robber baron, or, even SECDEF McNamara. Which further reminds us of more guidance from that period - DON'T GET INTO A LAND WAR IN ASIA. Ok ok. Back to the Tempranillo.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrMarketingDirector

I don't think you're really a Marketing Director at all

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
I don't think you're really a Marketing Director at all

Welcome aboard Mr. Marketing Director.

Wow, I'm Mr. Marketing Director.

Well, Marketing Director, we just say marketing director.

Right, it's up to me now, I'm Mr. Marketing Director.

Marketing Director, we just say Marketing Director.

I know, but you just said...

Doesn't matter who!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads