• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Very Interesting ETRO Blazer. And Schimmel Homme? Anyone heard of it??!

ericbellet

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I am very new to this forum but I am trying HARD to find out some information about two pieces of clothing I just purchased from a friend of mine (for very little money).

The other day I bought a number of clothing items from a friend including 2 Kiton shirts, a Zilli dress shirt, a Gucci dress shirt and two blazers for around 400.00. I thought I got a hell of a deal. All in great condition.

Anyway the two items in question are the jackets.

The first item is a brown suede blazer, beautiful and seems to be extremely high quality. The label says "Schimmel Homme." I am pretty knowledgeable about clothing but I had never heard of Schimmel before. Anyone know anything about Schimmel Homme?

The second is an Etro suede blazer. Now I know that Etro is known for their conservative outer and extravagant inside, but this was a very interesting piece. On the outside, conservative brown suede. But on the inside the entire lining is covered in musical notes with of course the large Etro Milano patch. It looks like sheet music for the piano. Very beautiful and very interesting. The tag says "Musical Stripe." Again I researched and found absolutely nothing. Anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this?

I would really like to know about the jackets so if anyone has any knowledge about these please let me know!

Thanks a lot!!

--Eric

Last edited:

ericbellet

Reaction score
Either these jackets are rare or one of a kind, or I am just not looking in the right place. Anyone have ANY insight on these pieces of clothing?

ericbellet

Reaction score
Posted photos, they should show up soon, being help for moderation due to the fact I am a new member. Sorry for the poor quality. Taken in VERY low light with my iPhone.

ericbellet

Reaction score
Sorry for the upside down images...couldn't figure out how to fix that..

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the etro one is just the lining they chose - i mean, they go with lots of different color and stripe combinations. yours just happens to be music notes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads