1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Very Confused

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tstrong1, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Tstrong1

Tstrong1 New Member

Hey there people I got a measuring question that seems to place me in a stupor every time.I'm trying to learn how to size a blazer. I understand how to take measurements but the measurements I take don't add up, for example, have a blazer that is a 58 long but when I measure the length it only comes to about 36 inches. So where does the number 58 come from? I would really appreciate any help I can get.Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  2. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Chest measurement

3. Tstrong1

Tstrong1 New Member

4. Latour

Latour Active Member

You don't need to measure anything or be concerned with a number.Try on jackets and just see what fits and go by feel.You must be pretty big and over 6'3" because that length is an XTall for a sportcoat.

5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

it's generally related to chest measurement, but I do mean generally. Each brand has an 'ideal' model in mind for their body shape so the same 1 measurement size categorization (ok 2 if you add S and L) is a very vague way of fitting on a suit.