• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Versatile Suits!!! Need Help!!!

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
I'm on a mission to personally hunt down and kill anyone that gets a conservative cut.

Why? Because there are those want wearable workhorse suits that are MTM and of a high value?
I think GetSmart is well, smart, for offering cuts that are suited for the social and business aspects that suits can be utilized. I don't find anything blasphemous about it.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually met with him and after measuring my body and going over a few details he flat out told me that the House Cut would NOT work or look good on my body type and look (6'2, 215). Im glad that I met up and he told me, i trust his judgement.

I wanted something different but honestly, its not for everyone. If you got some muscles and your not naturally thin then it wont work and if its gonna look dumb then your just wasting your money and time.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
You can generally get some really great ties from the B&S forum for way off retail (hard to go wrong with Brioni 7-folds for <$100)

I will check the forum out. Are there any particular sellers to keep note of?

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
I agree with the navy + charcoal, that's what I came in here to post. I find black suits largely impractical.

Really, I guess this is the way to go then. Thanks!

bc78

Reaction score
Definitely go Thick as Thieves. I have 3 suits from Get Smart with a 4th hopefully on the way. Charcoal and navy is the way to go as for colors, though you would be fine subbing in a medium grey.

I get the conservative cut from Tat. Would like to eventually get a house cut, but I need suits I can wear in a pretty conservative workplace. That said, the great thing about the conservative TaT is that they work in that kind of environment but still retain a great slim cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics