• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Versaille's new function: hotel

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
39,509
Reaction score
1,758

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Messages
17,933
Reaction score
84
With 23 rooms that place is gonna have 100% occupancy, despite it not being part of the palace itself.
 

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
12,033
Reaction score
857
Originally Posted by GQgeek
With 23 rooms that place is gonna have 100% occupancy, despite it not being part of the palace itself.

Well it's part of the grounds, right? I think it counts. Very interested to see how it turns out.
 

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Messages
17,933
Reaction score
84
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Well it's part of the grounds, right? I think it counts. Very interested to see how it turns out.

yeah but so were the servants quarters on most estates... Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see what it looks like. I don't know what building they're talking about...
 

SField

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
24
I got an email about this a while back when this was in the works.

My father is a close friend with the VC/holdings people doing it so we're going to do a big family trip and stay there for a week once it's completed.
 

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
55
Originally Posted by SField
I got an email about this a while back when this was in the works.

My father is a close friend with the VC/holdings people doing it so we're going to do a big family trip and stay there for a week once it's completed.


Do you know if they're modernizing the electrical and plumbing stuff? I'd imagine it would be quite challenging an costly to do so.
 

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
39,851
Reaction score
28,240
Pretty cool. If only it wasn't so far from Paris, I would consider staying there.
 

SField

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
24
Originally Posted by Fraiche
Do you know if they're modernizing the electrical and plumbing stuff? I'd imagine it would be quite challenging an costly to do so.

It has been done many times by boutique hotels. The trade off is that you pay 700 EU for a basic room.

With this hotel they'll be suites so you will most likely be paying in excess of 1000, much more so in some cases.

GDL, this is a weekend type place I think. I don't know if people who spend extended holidays here.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 15 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 74 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 143 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 71 16.4%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 35 8.1%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 26 6.0%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 15 3.5%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 3.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 100+

    Votes: 27 6.2%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,489
Messages
9,199,790
Members
193,212
Latest member
harryrchuleta

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top