1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Versace.... wow.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Demeter, Jun 9, 2005.

1. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looks like something Hedi Slimane Dior Homme was doing four years ago. Bryan Ferry had a lurex Dior Homme suit that resembled that for his 2001 Roxy Music reunion tour. Sigh.

Versace has slid since Gianni's untimely death. While I don't think I would have worn his clothes even could I have afforded them at that time there was a wit and flair apparent in them, and enough touches of elegance to ensure that while there was madness to his method there was method to his madness. I haven't seen any innovation and little creativity in Donatella's designs.

While the above might just be me being cranky, Versace's fortunes have slid as well. I believe the scale of the shows has had to be cut down (or was some of it eliminated) while shops have had to close.

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

(meaculpa @ June 09 2005,14:01) [​IMG]
    Klatuu  barada  nikto .
    I was going to write "take me to your leader", but yours is even better. [​IMG] koji

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

The fabric sucks and everything else sucks but the cut of the jacket, shape of shoulders, short cut and lapel shape.. I dig it, although the sleeves look too baggy for my taste.

the hedi slimane Luster line was quite different - much more respectable IMO. It's a completely different style, despite using shiny fabric.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It appears to be a shot Dupioni silk?

Versace used to have their Gianni Versace Couture line which is now only Gianni Versace.

5. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

is it just me and/or my monitor, or are the trousers a different color from the jacket? that's disturbing.

i can understand why he is wearing dark sunglasses. probably wearing a wig, too.