• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Versace tie authenticity check please

legendver2

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum! Glad I found this place somehow, lol.

Anyway, just wanted to do an authenticity check on a Versace tie I saw on ebay. The tag doesnt look familiar, and the price is fairly low for Versace, so just wanted to make sure before I do anything stupid =) Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks alot!

InPa

Reaction score
I'm confused as to your motivation - what about that tie would be "better" if it was authentic?

legendver2

Reaction score
The fact that it's authentic? Everybody wants the real thing. If authenticity wasn't an issue, I'm sure people wouldn't be doing authenticity checks on the forum and people would just buy replicas =]

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I see this type of first post linked to an ebay auction I wonder if it's a seller's shill. Twotone
Originally Posted by legendver2
Hi, I'm new to the forum! Glad I found this place somehow, lol. Anyway, just wanted to do an authenticity check on a Versace tie I saw on ebay. The tag doesnt look familiar, and the price is fairly low for Versace, so just wanted to make sure before I do anything stupid =) Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT Thanks alot!

legendver2

Reaction score
What do you mean a seller's shill?

Edit:
Nevermind, just googled it. -_-

Wow, I can't even get a decent response of checking the authenticity of a tie I want to buy? Maybe you veteran posters are just jaded by the amount of bs that happens on the forums, but seriously, my first post and I'm already attacked for whatever reason. And no, I am not shilling a bid or whatever. So if you guys don't have helpful tips to give, can you at least not label me and prejudge me as something I'm not. Way to welcome a new poster...

(I hope this post don't get flagged or deleted for being slightly aggressive. Just wanted a decent response to my question that's all)

Falstaff

Reaction score
If the OP was actually shilling a product he's selling, instead of asking a good-faith question, why would he point to an aspect of the product--e.g., the unusual tag--that appear to call its authenticity into question?

Hank Rearden

Reaction score
Real or fake, that's a hideous monstrosity of a tie.

I wouldn't wear that thing in public if the seller paid me the buy it now price.

InPa

Reaction score
To be honest I don't know that too many folks that frequent this forum will be able to answer your question - it's a rather different style/brand than those that are frequently discussed here.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I own a lot of Versace (most of it from years ago) and I am unable to tell from the pics if the tie is real or not. The tag looks like it may be cut a little off on one side and if so then it is probably not Versace. For what it's worth...I own about 150 Versace ties and I have to agree that I'm not all that crazy about the tie in question. BTW- Welcome to the SF!!
2thumbs.gif
Dennis

legendver2

Reaction score
Hi Osprey Guy,

Thanks for the welcome!

So upon doing some research, I've concluded myself that the tie is fake. That tie label is a fake, since it's usually paired with the fake lining underneath the tie that I recognize as fake. So I guess that's that.

I also find it amusing how so many people thinks it's ugly...lol!

B|aze

Reaction score
Damn...that's even uglier than my ties

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by legendver2
What do you mean a seller's shill?

Edit:
Nevermind, just googled it. -_-

Wow, I can't even get a decent response of checking the authenticity of a tie I want to buy? Maybe you veteran posters are just jaded by the amount of bs that happens on the forums, but seriously, my first post and I'm already attacked for whatever reason. And no, I am not shilling a bid or whatever. So if you guys don't have helpful tips to give, can you at least not label me and prejudge me as something I'm not. Way to welcome a new poster...

(I hope this post don't get flagged or deleted for being slightly aggressive. Just wanted a decent response to my question that's all)

im from korean

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads