Versace Jeans sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Crockett, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Crockett

Crockett Well-Known Member

On Yoox, I recently saw a couple of Versace Jeans sweaters. I am unsure about the sizing of them though. I have several Zegna sweaters in XXL and they fit perfectly. A couple of the VJ sweaters are offered in XXXL as well as XXL. Any suggestions?

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

Sizing is similar to other designer brands - so you might want to drop down a size.

I normally take a S to M, and Versace shirts in size large fit well.

3. PHV

PHV Senior member

(Crockett @ Feb. 08 2005,19:23) On Yoox, I recently saw a couple of Versace Jeans sweaters. Â I am unsure about the sizing of them though. Â I have several Zegna sweaters in XXL and they fit perfectly. Â A couple of the VJ sweaters are offered in XXXL as well as XXL. Â Any suggestions?
    Sizing is similar to other designer brands - so you might want to drop down a size. I normally take a S to M, and Versace shirts in size large fit well.
    How different? Is a large usually a same as a large from nautica, or something like Ralph Lauren? I know Dior and Lang etc... like to be very tight fitting, but what about VJ?

4. VMan

VMan Senior member

(VersaceMan @ Feb. 08 2005,18:25)
    On Yoox, I recently saw a couple of Versace Jeans sweaters. Â I am unsure about the sizing of them though. Â I have several Zegna sweaters in XXL and they fit perfectly. Â A couple of the VJ sweaters are offered in XXXL as well as XXL. Â Any suggestions?
    Sizing is similar to other designer brands - so you might want to drop down a size. I normally take a S to M, and Versace shirts in size large fit well.
    How different? Is a large usually a same as a large from nautica, or something like Ralph Lauren? I know Dior and Lang etc... like to be very tight fitting, but what about VJ?
    A Medium in Ralph Lauren/Nautica would probably be like a Versace Jeans Couture XL.

5. Crockett

Thanks for the help VersaceMan. How good is the quality from the Jeans line?

6. VMan

VMan Senior member

Not very. It's their lowest-priced line. Emphasis on style rather than quality, but if the price is good and it's a good piece, go for it.

7. Crockett

(Crockett @ Feb. 08 2005,21:51) Thanks for the help VersaceMan. How good is the quality from the Jeans line?
    Not very. It's their lowest-priced line. Emphasis on style rather than quality, but if the price is good and it's a good piece, go for it.
    That is kind of what I was guessing. I am returning the Harrison sweater and buying the VJ one as a replacement. Anything is better than the Harrison and the prices are comparable. Thanks again for the help.