• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Versace" Jacket found in second hand store. Real or Fake?

haloitsme

Reaction score
hi mr. spoo,

thank you very much for confirming.

in which picture you saw that made this pants fake.

is it the buttons? the stitches? the logos? etc...

i usually go to thrift shops and collecting high end brands,

i would appreciate helping me understand how to easily spot and tell the differences to avoid getting these fakes again.

thank you,
angelo
I do it this way,
look at stiching & labels.
Are there big logos? Are you associate the item with bimbos , Getto people & "turks"etc. its to 99% fake.
the other jeans (Versace & LV) also a poor fake which only Turkish & gypsy in my neighborhood would wear .

corelect

Reaction score
Hi,

I have old Versace jewelry box from 90's.
Pictures are attached.
What is your opinion?
What is the best way to check the authenticity? Is there any good web service with favorable prices?

Many thanks

20180914_103956.jpg

20180914_103824.jpg

20180914_103821.jpg

20180914_103656.jpg

20180914_103644.jpg

20180914_103529.jpg

20180914_103523.jpg

20180914_103517.jpg

20180914_103500.jpg

ChhK

Reaction score
Hello Versace connoisseurs,

I've bought a coat tagged Versus Versace, supposedly from an early 90s collection, secondhand.
Whether it was real or fake, I just couldn't leave it because I'm crazy about colour and I've never seen anything as colourful as this.

I've since searched the internet and found an identical coat on e-bay which was soon not there and a short jacket in a similar fabric and colour scheme on the high end secondhand fashion site "Vestiare Collective": https://www.vestiairecollective.com.../multicolour-wool-versus-jacket-4147749.shtml (you might need to register to view the page).

Due to the tag on the inside with the spare button being blank and the fabric not being hemmed where the lining, which has come apart in a few places, would conceal the edge (this leads to fraying), I'm in doubt about it's authenticity. I have no experience with high end fashion up close, so I'd be grateful for your opinion.

Pictures of details up close and a couple of the entire coat to give an idea of how well the patterns match up (sorry if it's a bit of a spam, this is my first post and I'm unsure of how large the photos will show up):
Versus Versace Coat 1 tag.jpg
Versus Versace Coat 2 extra button inside tag.jpg
Versus Versace Coat 3 close collar.jpg
Versus Versace Coat 4 lower front.jpg
Versus Versace Coat 5 buttons detail.jpg
Versus Versace Coat 6 close front.jpg
Versus Versace Coat 7 back.JPG

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello Versace connoisseurs,

I've bought a coat tagged Versus Versace, supposedly from an early 90s collection, secondhand.
Whether it was real or fake, I just couldn't leave it because I'm crazy about colour and I've never seen anything as colourful as this.

I've since searched the internet and found an identical coat on e-bay which was soon not there and a short jacket in a similar fabric and colour scheme on the high end secondhand fashion site "Vestiare Collective": https://www.vestiairecollective.com.../multicolour-wool-versus-jacket-4147749.shtml (you might need to register to view the page).

Due to the tag on the inside with the spare button being blank and the fabric not being hemmed where the lining, which has come apart in a few places, would conceal the edge (this leads to fraying), I'm in doubt about it's authenticity. I have no experience with high end fashion up close, so I'd be grateful for your opinion.

Pictures of details up close and a couple of the entire coat to give an idea of how well the patterns match up (sorry if it's a bit of a spam, this is my first post and I'm unsure of how large the photos will show up): View attachment 1086440 View attachment 1086463 View attachment 1086464 View attachment 1086465 View attachment 1086466 View attachment 1086467 View attachment 1086468

That is absolutely real and a gorgeous coat to boot! Well done!

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PossiblePleasantCassowary-size_restricted.gif

So let it be written. So let it be done.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not mine, but I like the details.

DaddyDJ

Reaction score
Versace Collection help please? Looks fake to me and couldn't find comps but I don't know anything about Versace. Thanks in advance...

IMG_0973.JPG IMG_0974.JPG IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0977.JPG IMG_0978.JPG IMG_0980.JPG IMG_0983.JPG IMG_0984.JPG

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics