• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Versace" Jacket found in second hand store. Real or Fake?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is dead my never die. But rises again harder and stronger.

Vixx

Reaction score
what makes you sure?

Asking Spoo to explain Versace is like asking Jesus to explain Christmas ...

If the producers for 'The Assasination of Versace' wanted a set consultant - they would skip the company and just call Spoo. He's like a mix of Zoolander, Wham! and that Friends episode where Joey is 'Porsche Guy'; but with more fabulous fashion, swagger and spray tan...

Who-wouldnt-want-gent-decked-head--toe-Versace.jpg

LSS: Hallmarks, labels and a ton of experience make it possible to make a solid call based off what you pictured.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Reaction score
hi mr. spoo,

thank you very much for confirming.

in which picture you saw that made this pants fake.

is it the buttons? the stitches? the logos? etc...

i usually go to thrift shops and collecting high end brands,

i would appreciate helping me understand how to easily spot and tell the differences to avoid getting these fakes again.

thank you,
angelo

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi mr. spoo,

thank you very much for confirming.

in which picture you saw that made this pants fake.

is it the buttons? the stitches? the logos? etc...

i usually go to thrift shops and collecting high end brands,

i would appreciate helping me understand how to easily spot and tell the differences to avoid getting these fakes again.

thank you,
angelo
I’m not spoo but you can tell from every picture that it’s fake. All of the tags, back patch, stitching, everything is off

Reaction score
Thanks man(kbadgley84)

I post this pants here as I got this feeling that this pants is a bit off to be authentic cause like you said on the stitches and I'm not too keen in details.

Also i remember you helped me also from the previous Hugo Boss pants, thanks for that.

I will be posting more here, I have a closet full of these assorted italian brands, I'll post it when i come back to work.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads