• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Versace" Jacket found in second hand store. Real or Fake?

Dasein

Reaction score
Hi, my girlfriend recently gave me a jacket she found in a second hand clothing store which purports to be Versace. I have no experience whatsoever with the label so I have no way of knowing if it is fake.

She only paid $10 dollars for it so it's no big deal either way, but I'm interested to find out. The price may seem like a giveaway, but this was a little charity shop run by old ladies who probably didn't recognise the brand and gave it the same price as all the other men's jackets.

I'm still pretty convinced it's fake for a few reasons. Firstly, it is in virtually new condition, so it is mysterious how it ended up in a charity shop. Unless some guy with money to throw around got it as a present and it was too small it seems unlikely that someone would give a Versace jacket to a charity shop. Most likely he paid bought it somewhere and realised it is a fake. Secondly, it's some kind of faux leather. Not sure if a brand like Versace would make jackets from this sort of material. Also, there is a spelling mistake on the back of the Ittierre label: it says " do nit wring or twist".

Anyway, it's most likely fake, but it would be a nice find if it's real so I'd welcome any expert opinions.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only ever owned one Versace Jeans Couture jacket and the Ittierre label had a holographic/silver seam running through it, which this seems to be missing...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Ittierre tag is pretty good, the logo of the Versace tag maybe just a little off. More pics would help, but Im borderline on this one, albeit on the side of authentic pending more pics.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
The Ittierre tag is pretty good, the logo of the Versace tag maybe just a little off. More pics would help, but Im borderline on this one, albeit on the side of authentic pending more pics.
+1; I was just about to type the same thing. To the OP: VJC was the diffusion/sportier/younger line for Versace, and the quality was actually fairly shoddy. Not BAD, but definitely nothing to write home about. As such, it may still be authentic, even with the things you mention. Again, though, as SpooPoker said, it's hard to tell without more pics or seeing it in person. Some Versace diffusion stuff was so hideous and so oddly/crappily made that even though it's real... you'd swear it was fake.

Horatio

Reaction score
Well, don't care too much for authenticity, you paid 10 bucks for it. Fit is important
smile.gif

Cheers

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

+1

is there a hologram underneath (or somewhere near) the Ittierre tag?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also pics of the hardware would be helpful.

As Rach said, some of the stuff in post GV years was just god awful with all the poor direction. Ittierre is not a bad factory, but they were struggling to make a buck at that point.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best case scenario, it's a douchey brand. If it fits all right (or is within alteration range) and looks flattering, go with it.

pompodore

Reaction score
I have an authentic purchased from a department store. I can say that my ITTIERRE label does NOT have the holographic running through it. This is not present in some Versace JEANS items. However, on the label, the "Versace" is not shaped correctly. The authentic text is more elongated. Also there are no spelling mistakes in the ITTIERRE label. So based on this I believe that the jacket is counterfeit.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pompodore
I have an authentic purchased from a department store. I can say that my ITTIERRE label does NOT have the holographic running through it. This is not present in some Versace JEANS items. However, on the label, the "Versace" is not shaped correctly. The authentic text is more elongated. Also there are no spelling mistakes in the ITTIERRE label. So based on this I believe that the jacket is counterfeit.

Not entirely true. Early Ittiere labels are a little different (pre-1993). Without pics though, impossible to say.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From those pics it looks legit but it's really hard to tell from those shots.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've brought fairly expensive brand name clothing to goodwill stores.

roberabago

Reaction score
i have the same issue here,, found this jacket at a Goodwill store and want to know more of it.
IMG_5205.JPG
IMG_5206.JPG
IMG_5207.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5210.jpg

how can i know if its original and how to get more information on this jacket, can some one help me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads