• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vermilyea Pelle

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pics of the interior? i think thats my only gripe with the bag, is the internal pockets layout.
Quick shot
BA2oP8r.jpg

Laptop/file pocket on each side and mirrored smaller pockets.

Zeke90

Reaction score
Quick shot
BA2oP8r.jpg

Laptop/file pocket on each side and mirrored smaller pockets.

Mind me asking how much the customized bag was? the chromexcel/ranger tan is 335 and the nut dublin/ranger tan is $365

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longtime Filson fan. Just bought my first VP: 34 oz olive with snuff Mohawk leather briefcase. The 34oz canvas is very similar to the 34oz heavy tin which Filson used for a limited production run about 5 years ago (of which I have two pieces). It’s rustic but wears like iron.

The CF Stead suede that Dustin has paired with this canvas is an inspired combo. The suede is supple but is also tough and low maintenance too. I know new owners tend to gush so I will stop here. But I will put it in rotation and shelf the Filson field satchel for a little while, and see how I like it.

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
anyone pick up the executive small briefcase? based of instagram it seems like there was only one iteration of that.

Hows everyone liking their bags?

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I sold the 257. I'd say the VP bag has a bit more volume - maybe a bit taller, but whatever it is I've put a ton of stuff in it. The dual panels inside are great too. It wasn't a standard build - mine is wider (5.5" to match the 257) and had him mirror the interior (2 laptop/file pockets along with the smaller pockets).

It has been all over the world now - Europe twice, Asia several times, domestic trips. I haven't regretted traveling with it for a single moment.
You have to post updated pics. For my everyday carry the minimal interior def is fine, but wouldn't mind owning something akin to your custom for travel. Small complaint is that the zippers have scratched my work laptop. I've been considering a 16" MBP but not sure if the VP would be able to accommodate.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to post updated pics. For my everyday carry the minimal interior def is fine, but wouldn't mind owning something akin to your custom for travel. Small complaint is that the zippers have scratched my work laptop. I've been considering a 16" MBP but not sure if the VP would be able to accommodate.
In a word, my VP bag has been awesome. Here it is this morning:
cPmG03m.jpg

Before the current Chaos, it spent a lot of time in 2019 on the road - Barcelona, Tokyo, Bangkok, Seoul, Jakarta, Mumbai, multiple cross-country trips and more stuff I don't remember (the 2nd half of last year is a bit of a blur...). Plus family trips.

No muss, no fuss, just goes along great. Holds way more than it looks like it will. I occasionally wish I had a luggage strap on it, but no biggie. I generally have a thin sleeve I carry my laptop in to minimize zipper scratches, but I don't worry about it much.

At just over 14"x~9" for the MB16, I'm pretty sure it's not fitting in that bag. Might want to talk to Dustin.

Zeke90

Reaction score
cPmG03m.jpg

Before the current Chaos, it spent a lot of time in 2019 on the road - Barcelona, Tokyo, Bangkok, Seoul, Jakarta, Mumbai, multiple cross-country trips and more stuff I don't remember (the 2nd half of last year is a bit of a blur...). Plus family trips.

No muss, no fuss, just goes along great. Holds way more than it looks like it will. I occasionally wish I had a luggage strap on it, but no biggie. I generally have a thin sleeve I carry my laptop in to minimize zipper scratches, but I don't worry about it much.

At just over 14"x~9" for the MB16, I'm pretty sure it's not fitting in that bag. Might want to talk to Dustin.

This is awesome. I actually inquired about this, dustin said he doesn't do custom work anymore, was only offering the regular sized briefcase.

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
cPmG03m.jpg

Patina looks dope!! I always prefer to travel with backpacks as my personal item since I always bring back a ton of stuff lol. But def think rocking a briefcase/bag would be less touristy.
This is awesome. I actually inquired about this, dustin said he doesn't do custom work anymore, was only offering the regular sized briefcase.
Yeah I also reached out as well. Its a shame, but I guess his operation is now large enough to wear he can just focus on pumping out batches. Also getting a hold of him via modern resources email/insta is a PITA, must be too busy.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patina looks dope!! I always prefer to travel with backpacks as my personal item since I always bring back a ton of stuff lol. But def think rocking a briefcase/bag would be less touristy.

Yeah I also reached out as well. Its a shame, but I guess his operation is now large enough to wear he can just focus on pumping out batches. Also getting a hold of him via modern resources email/insta is a PITA, must be too busy.
I hope he's busy and successful :)

He was a bit slow via email/etc. but totally understandable as it's pretty much a one-man show. I was pretty surprised he was willing to do a "custom" bag for me, but I was flexible on time and tried to keep my request simple.

The 16" Mac is kind of a beast.

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He may be in that in-between stage: too much work for a one-man operation (and taking on custom jobs and keeping up with customer correspondence). But not yet large enough an operation to have extra help to manage customers etc. Just conjecture on my part but I have seen this with other one-man companies who make such great products that word spreads quickly online - and through the power of the internet - they get swamped with business.

Colrais

Reaction score
Just looking for clarity - the regular briefcase won't fit the MB16? Checking dimensions here and 14'' < 15.5'' (exterior admittedly)

Looking to upgrade to VP, but would have to rethink if I couldn't squeeze it in

Colrais

Reaction score
Just looking for clarity - the regular briefcase won't fit the MB16?
I was able to check Dustin's youtube previews where he stated the standard briefcase, altho sized for the 15'' laptop, can fit the 16'' MBP.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just looking for clarity - the regular briefcase won't fit the MB16? Checking dimensions here and 14'' < 15.5'' (exterior admittedly)

Looking to upgrade to VP, but would have to rethink if I couldn't squeeze it in
Apologies - I didn't see this until tonight. I'll measure tomorrow and get back.

PotatoPot

Reaction score
Just bought their everyday satchel in horween brown nut dublin. My first bag from VP and its really well-made!
A pity the bag is too heavy for my shoulders after I loaded it up :'(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads