• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Venture Brothers

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the thread on Futurama and thought I 'd start one on my favorite animated show. Venture Brothers is clearly born out of a love for Johnny Quest and old Saturday morning cartoons, but it's more homage than parody.

Also despite it's retro-futurism and frequent nods to the pulpier spy culture of past decades, the plots and characters stand very much on there own - great ******* show.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, funny show though I haven't seen too many of them. Is there anywhere to watch online?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I agree, funny show though I haven't seen too many of them. Is there anywhere to watch online?

The Cartoon Network website has the most recent 2 or 3 I think and assorted clips. Someone of less moral fiber than I could probably find good torrents pretty easily.

larryr

Reaction score
One of the better shows on there. Actually, I like most of the shows on the Adult Swim

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Molotov Cocktease is probably the best fictional character name ever.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Best show ever. Season two was probably the best out of the three so far. Season three was surprisingly good. Words cannot describe my intimate love for this show. So many good episodes. Classic. Heres hoping for season 4 and beyond. My two favorite characters below...
monarch00.jpg

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too bad 24 is dead!

I love this show and have all three seasons on DVD. Mrs. Teacher and I just got done watching the newly-released Season 3...in just over one afternoon. Yes, that is how much we love this show. Their homages to pop culture are almost overwhelming...there are probably more Star Wars quotes in this show than all of Kevin Smith's movies put together, times three.

As an aside, I also love the old Jonny Quest, which I also have on DVD. As far as I'm concerned, that was the greatest cartoon series of the 60s and 70s (yes, even better that Scooby Doo, Where Are You?...well, better produced, anyway). Good stuff, man.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
Best show ever. Season two was probably the best out of the three so far. Season three was surprisingly good. Words cannot describe my intimate love for this show. So many good episodes. Classic. Heres hoping for season 4 and beyond. My two favorite characters below...
monarch00.jpg

Speaking of these characters: the opening sequence to the second episode of Season Two (where they are acting out a superhero-movie-like costuming sequence while vocalizing Holst's "Mars: God of War") is possibly the funniest intro in all of television history. To this day, I laugh ****** off at it. ("Lady, no! Mom, call Lady!")

Astan

Reaction score
hilarious series they better come out with season 4 quickly

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still haven't seen all of Season 3...must catch up! I was a big fan of this show since the day it aired. Many good times watching it with my brothers.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can watch episodes on adultswim.com. They rotate them out every few days.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Speaking of these characters: the opening sequence to the second episode of Season Two (where they are acting out a superhero-movie-like costuming sequence while vocalizing Holst's "Mars: God of War") is possibly the funniest intro in all of television history. To this day, I laugh ****** off at it. ("Lady, no! Mom, call Lady!")

Yea, that is definitely my favorite episode of all time for the Venture Brothers. And yea, I can't believe they killed 24 at the end of season 3, what the ****!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
24's death was unexpected, like the cliffhangers at the end season 1 and 2. I wonder if they'll bring him back to life somehow in season 4.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Yeah, knowing The Venture Brothers, I wouldn't be surprised if they revived him. Just like the episode where Brock kills one of the henchmen and Dr.Venture brings him back as the screwed up franken-mummy. I love that episode, with the Scooby-Doo ripoff characters, too good.
Venture_Brothers_The_Scooby_Gang_s_Final_Mystery.jpg

"Do you wanna go back in the box? Do ya?"

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funniest show still in production. 23 and 24 are the best characters, by far.

Weird thing is... for some reason, my style has been slowly gravitating towards a nerdy Dean Venture steez.

boys.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads