• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Velvet slippers Appreciation Thread

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
43513de5-e35b-88ba.jpg
the scripts are made in Italy the right is an EG (available if anyone's interested all nwt)

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know, I'd almost forgotten I own these:

This thread inspired me to dig them out the back of my wardrobe. They were absolutely caked in dust; seriously, completely covered in layers of the stuff. But fortunately a good brushing did the trick!

What would you wear with them? I think I've worn them twice with black tie to relatively informal celebrations, and that's it! I'm not a slippers round the house type of person...

Last edited:

vonklark

Reaction score
Holy sh*t they are awsome! How could you forget about them
censored.gif

I would wear them at home even great now outside with linen pants or jeans?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy sh*t they are awsome! How could you forget about them
censored.gif

I would wear them at home even great now outside with linen pants or jeans?

Glad you like them! As I said, they were easy to forget as I never wear them. They responded well to a brushing though, as you can see, and I've now placed them in shoebags to prevent a recurrence.

Linen (a summery material) feels a bit incongruous with velvet (a wintery one). Of course, I'm assuming they're a close-cropped velvet and not just a particularly fuzzy green suede; they certainly feel very soft and plush to the touch and velvet would be appropriate for the slipper style. Jeans, yeah I can see that theoretically, but I don't really wear jeans often, and even if I did, the shoes would probably work better with quite skinny rather than normal ones, and I don't wear those....

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably more people making 80k wearing these than master of the universe types, but IMO they're still damn cool.

A pair showed up in the Madoff auction, and IIRC, they looked like they had been worn a fair bit.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A pair showed up in the Madoff auction, and IIRC, they looked like they had been worn a fair bit.

Weren't there like 50 pairs of Belgians?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Brideshead

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I really like these. Trickers has one of the best velvet slippers collections anywhere.

Thanks Dave.

There is a short story behind them.. About two years ago Mrs Brideshead bought me a pair of Tricker's Prince of Wales - Feathers for my birthday. I had worn them a few times indoors when I noticed some of the gold wire beginning to lift on one shoe. I rang Tricker's Jermyn St shop and asked what I should do and they said to pop them in next time I was passing. So I did.

The shop assistant looked at them, went out the back and a few seconds later returned with a brand new pair. I said I haven't got a receipt and he replied that I had looked after them and he would send them back to the Northampton factory for their comments - it shouldn't have happened. And I had thought customer care was dead......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads