• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Velvet SC Morphs Into Tie Storage Solutions

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw this and thought it looked pretty nice. Going to try it on in store when I get off of work.

This would be my first ever clothing item made of velvet tho. How versatile would a coat like this be? Perfect for pairing with jeans or some trousers for going out?

thumb.jpg

thumb.jpg

Link to actual product: http://www.shopwellsuited.com/shop/P...vet-Sportcoat/

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While I am a fan of velvet in theory, I think a chocolate brown one is a bit limited. I used to like the velvet SC with jeans look, but I think Im over that now. Well, maybe not. But its not my go to look. I have a cobalt blue velvet SC from Tom Ford that just radiates. I also have a black evening nailhead velvet by Etro that is just great. Both of these colors would be alot easier to pair than this brown, but YMMV.

If you want a brown "fuzzy" jacket, go with cord or moleskin, not velvet.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Spoo. Can always count on your insightful advice. I tried it out, and I came to realize why I don't own anything made of velvet... just can't get use to the feel of it.

You're absolutely right, cord should be a go to jacket for casual outings.

Siwash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
While I am a fan of velvet in theory, I think a chocolate brown one is a bit limited. I used to like the velvet SC with jeans look, but I think Im over that now. Well, maybe not. But its not my go to look. I have a cobalt blue velvet SC from Tom Ford that just radiates. I also have a black evening nailhead velvet by Etro that is just great. Both of these colors would be alot easier to pair than this brown, but YMMV.

If you want a brown "fuzzy" jacket, go with cord or moleskin, not velvet.

I have very nice 2 button,peak-lapel dark chocolate by Arnold Brant, I usually only wear with dark denim and Chelsea boots, i have a very hard time finding the proper shirt to wear with it...i think dark blue is much more versatile. I have only worn it once this year..

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Or you can take the money and buy some more of my ties.
mwink[1].gif

I don't have a problem... I don't have a problem... I don't have a problem... I don't have a problem...

tieproblem.jpg

No more room on my tie rack, they now occupy my dining table... Spoo, offering storage solutions?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can do some values on a trade in
smile.gif
Gotta be low miles though. I should get up a pic one day of mine. Im approaching 300. Im the one with a problem. If you are serious about storage solutions though, get one of those rotating thingies. They are not a bad solution if you dont have alot of space. If you have lots of space, hire virgins to unfurl them for you in the morning. On bended knee.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll trade all but my two Charvet's for one Tom Ford? Fair deal?
fistbump.gif
Hahaha But yeah, seriously, need storage solutions. I have a vertical tie hanging tie holder that holds 24... but I have doubled and tripled up on each peg. And now they are spreading like cancer throughout my pad. I, of course, place the blame squarely on you, you jerk. BTW, I am on to your sales strategy... you've lined all your FS stuff with crack. For shame.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I will admit, I expected more from ya Spoo... something like this....

11-11-ties1.jpg

Where you'd display your ties as works of art.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Thanks for suggestion, didn't even know the Image was still operating.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Is it still highjacking if you do it to your own thread?

Out of curiosity - Spoo didn't you worry about the supposed ill effects of hanging ties (stretching and so forth).

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Is it still highjacking if you do it to your own thread?

Out of curiosity - Spoo didn't you worry about the supposed ill effects of hanging ties (stretching and so forth).

Not entirely. My tie collection gets culled and reborn annually, so theres not a whole lot of downtime for ill effects.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads