• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Velasca Shoes

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because I love the Honchos so much, I decided to get the black Broncos too. They’re basically the boot version of the Honchos. I have absolutely become a fan of this brand. I’m super satisfied. Thank you Enrico!
C1F55EF7-F545-40D7-B29B-03D5F6F43945.jpeg

My name is Enrico Casati, and I'm the co-founder of Velasca...

gavrarabba

Reaction score
A month ago or so I got a pair of the Honchos in brown. Despite the fact they were sold out of my size 43 (US10), I ordered them in 42.5 because they looked exactly like what I had been searching for. They arrived, so beautifully packed that it was like opening a Xmas gift. Normally I don’t care about that, but honestly it was so nice, I had to show my girlfriend. ?

The shoes are absolutely perfect, I wear them nearly every day. Really well made, and incredibly comfortable. It seems like sizing down a half size worked out for the best! What luck!

View attachment 1311831
and i bought the broncos in brown and wear them a ton. the xAnvil partnership is really a great little collection.
Valasca Bronco

Kochegar

Reaction score
Could you guys please post some pictures? Just curious how does these look like in real life.

Trusar

Reaction score
Thinking of adding these Velascas -- their top-of-the-line burnished model, in burgundy. (All are on sale for Black Friday.)

View attachment 1077174

An alternative -- also on sale; same price -- is this Carlos Santos, with Dainite sole (as opposed to the leather Velasca). Preference?

View attachment 1077175

This model, the Giacalustra mentioned in one of the posts below and the latte are all vegetable tanned crust leather using vachetta leather which is used in Louise vuitton bags.
Im also looking to get one of these crust leather models

Last edited:

LeslieL

Reaction score
I just got my dark brown oxford with rubber sole today, but plan to return after trying them.
I would like to share some of my thoughts with SF guys, about velasca oxford shoes.

Things I like:
- User-friendly website! It is creative and fresh.
- Free Fedex shipping and free return even on Canada! That's one of the major reason why I decided to buy them.
- Broad design and colour selection.
- Their last is conservative but quite classic, which is exactly my personal favourite.

However, I am used to the sturdiness and weight of English GYW shoes, so this pair of Velasca is relatively lighter (they are blake-stitched, btw), and the leather appears to be a bit thinner, which makes the shoes more like a $200 CAD rather than $370 CAD (after-tax).

In 300 - 400CAD price range, there are a number of choices that can be found on Herring shoes, AFPOS. I will probably try again in next sale season.

Anyway, a good lesson for me to learn is if I want to buy dress shoes online next time, stick to the brands I have tried, or well-known English/European shoemakers. Velasca shoes are still good choices, if one want a light-weight daily-wear dress shoes.

Canlad

Reaction score
I have three pair of Velasca shoes (all purchased over two years ago). Two of them, I like a lot and wear somewhat frequently. One of them, the single monk strap, looks good but isn't the most comfortable. I don't think I will get another pair. Not so much because of quality, but price. The first pair I bought was $131 (pretty sure with a discount code). Then the price jumped to $175. Then $195. Now the shoes I bought for around $150/pair are $245/pair. There was no upgrade in quality with these price hikes, in fact they went from Blake Rapid to just Blake construction. I do really like the style of their shoes, but I'd be better off going with a GYW from another vendor that would be less expensive. Or other Blake stitch options that are still below $200.

Kochegar

Reaction score
I have three pair of Velasca shoes (all purchased over two years ago). Two of them, I like a lot and wear somewhat frequently. One of them, the single monk strap, looks good but isn't the most comfortable. I don't think I will get another pair. Not so much because of quality, but price. The first pair I bought was $131 (pretty sure with a discount code). Then the price jumped to $175. Then $195. Now the shoes I bought for around $150/pair are $245/pair. There was no upgrade in quality with these price hikes, in fact they went from Blake Rapid to just Blake construction. I do really like the style of their shoes, but I'd be better off going with a GYW from another vendor that would be less expensive. Or other Blake stitch options that are still below $200.

And they don't exclude VAT for non-EU customers :(

LB_J

Reaction score
I took advantage of this year's BF discounts to pick up some boots and a pair of 'Spazzacamin.' I love the longwing blucher look combined with the short, rounded lasts Velasca uses. I'll post some pictures a little later.

For now, I'm looking for your thoughts on this much-discussed blake-stitch construction. Below we can see the topside of the stitch on the insole and the backside on the outsole... so far so good (though surely this should have been sunk into a channel on the outsole??).

However, there's also stitching around the outside of the shoe that's not visible on the underside. Is this just an attempt to give the appearance of a blake-rapid or Goodyear construction?

Thanks all!

IMG_2745[25757].jpg
IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

Canlad

Reaction score
I took advantage of this year's BF discounts to pick up some boots and a pair of 'Spazzacamin.' I love the longwing blucher look combined with the short, rounded lasts Velasca uses. I'll post some pictures a little later.

For now, I'm looking for your thoughts on this much-discussed blake-stitch construction. Below we can see the topside of the stitch on the insole and the backside on the outsole... so far so good (though surely this should have been sunk into a channel on the outsole??).

However, there's also stitching around the outside of the shoe that's not visible on the underside. Is this just an attempt to give the appearance of a blake-rapid or Goodyear construction?

Thanks all!

View attachment 1508822 View attachment 1508824
View attachment 1508823
Can't claim to be an expert, but I think it has a double sole? The top stitches are going through that mid layer and then the bottom stitch that goes all the way through into the insole. Again, leave a lot of room for me to be totally wrong.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, it definitely seems that way

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks all!

View attachment 1508822 View attachment 1508824
View attachment 1508823
It’s the same way cemented shoes attempt to look welted by faking it. Blake is a fine construction though I personally wear only goodyear + footwear. Faking a storm welt is also popular

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads