• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vekla Low Top Sneaker GMTO (x Sons of Henrey)

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Some of you will know me, my name is Tom and I am the founder of Sons of Henrey footwear and Vekla clothing. I have an affiliate thread here on Styleforum but though it better fit to open a separate thread for this new endeavour.

Last year, we launched our first collection of low top sneakers, aptly named The Low Top Sneaker. They came in 6 colours and were launched through a pre-order campaign. The campaign helped us with funding the production run, but also gave us more insight in what were the more popular colours. The Vekla Low Top sneaker has been available since then in the same 6 colour ways, and it was time to add some more. For this, we need the help of the Styleforum community!

Through Sons of Henrey, we have a large network of quality leather suppliers and we wanted to let that shine through in this new offering. There are 6 models available for pre-order. In our opinion, these sneakers represent the highest value sneakers on the menswear market today. Their construction is unparalleled, the leather quality guaranteed and the price is hard to beat.

The pre-order will until early February, after which the order will be placed and delivery is expected early to mid April. A discount of €15 is offered to Styleforum members with code ‘VEKLA’. You can enter the code during the last steps at checkout.

Links to the pre-order page: https://sonsofhenrey.com/collections/vekla-sneakers and https://vekla.store/collections/low-top-sneaker-pre-order

Without further ado, an overview of all 6 models:

Vekla_Sneakers_Utah_Calf_Dark_Brown.jpg
Vekla_Sneakers_Utah_Calf_Black.jpg
Vekla_Sneakers_Kudu_Chestnut.jpg
Vekla_Sneakers_Taupe.jpg
Vekla_Sneakers_Calf_Black.jpg

Vekla_Sneakers_White_Vintage.jpg

Last edited:

Moostyle

Reaction score
Did anyone ever buy a pair of these and if so, any feedback please? :)

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While there hasn't been much response on this thread, yes people have been buying them.

This is the second round of sneaker pre-orders we do, so we actually have quite a few customers on the forums here. It's difficult sometimes with the forum nicknames but I know that @mxgreen , @Thomas_M, @saurabh and @Gb21 , all have bought Vekla sneakers.

Gb21

Reaction score
@Notch

I have two pairs plus the kudus on the way. I took my standard sneaker size and the fit is great. Super comfy out of the box and very high quality for the price

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Betta , you had reached out for sizing advise, please see above, Gb21's comment.

Gb21

Reaction score
@Notch

I have two pairs plus the kudus on the way. I took my standard sneaker size and the fit is great. Super comfy out of the box and very high quality for the price
Should have mentioned, I wear a 43. Usually a UK9/9.5

Moostyle

Reaction score
@Notch

Thanks for the feedback. I am also curious how they compare in to the Thursday sneakers in terms of quality and comfort!

Thomas_M

Reaction score

Hi,

I could not been happier with my Vekla.
Before Vekla, I have been wearing Common Projects for 15 years, so I was a big fan.
I prefer the Vekla.
The quality is top notch and they have the sleek profile that made Common Projects my favourite among that type of sneakers.

I think the Vekla are better than the Common Projects.
The shape is better, the attention to details, the leathers, the choice of leather (like Utah or Kudu!), the way it wraps you ankle better.

You can see Tom added all his GYW/HW experience into Vekla and it shows when you wear them.

Also, the price is ridiculous and Tom has to stop discounting it further.

I wear my usual Common Project size.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Notch can these be resoled?

do you really need them to be resoled though? I mean given how tough margom is I would assume upper would look pretty crappy by the time you need to resole, then do you really want to spend $100 plus on a ~$200 sneaker where the upper is super crappy?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missed this thread. I ordered in the original run and echo the other guys thoughts. Have been a Common Projects guy for sneakers but added these in a couple different colors while keeping my CPs in white. Took Vekla in the same size and find the toe box to be a just a little bit more spacious without going overboard or looking blobby. They’ve got a clean look and have held up well. I haven’t bothered to clean or condition them at all other than wiping them off and don’t store them with shoe trees.

Can’t compare them to any of the other minimalist sneakers out there from brands other than CP since I haven’t tried them but these haven’t had any issues and I’ve been happy to recommend them to people looking for an option.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you really need them to be resoled though? I mean given how tough margom is I would assume upper would look pretty crappy by the time you need to resole, then do you really want to spend $100 plus on a ~$200 sneaker where the upper is super crappy?

I was actually thinking the opposite, especially the Kudu. I think those would look amazing with some age and patina on them, so it would be cool to have the option to keep that going.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whic
Check these out. I have their shoes which are exceptional quality.

Not sure why I'd need to check those out? They make a good looking shoe, yes, but their sneakers are also just side stitched. In terms of being able to resole the shoes or not, they are no different than Vekla sneakers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads