• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

veggies

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
First off, I would like to apolagize for the least classy topic on the forum: the customer is always an ass. It really exposed the high amount of class that everyone on this forum has, and I am truly sorry for degrading style forum with the ludeness of that thread. I am sure I lost what little respect I have earned by that little fiasco. Something awful and SF are truly opposite ends of the spectrum and it should remain that way.

Anyways, what is your favorite vegetable? I love cherry tomatoes, celery and lettuce. I was a vegetarian for a while, and am seriously considering going that way again.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am sure I lost what little respect I have earned by that little fiasco.
Don't sweat it, I think you still have more respect than me

I love asparagus, zucchini (but not yellow squash), and celery. I also dig tubers....radishes and turnips. And, technically tomatoes are a fruit, but I still consider them vegetables because they are not sweet.

sparx

Reaction score
The leek has to be the most underappreciated vegetable on the planet.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sparx
The leek has to be the most underappreciated vegetable on the planet.
Fresh potato leek soup can be great. I like the combination of potatoes, cabbage, carrots, and onions, in a curry or other spiced sauce. Indian restaurants usually serve this, along with a local Somali/Ethiopian restaurant (they don't serve it with potatoes, but another vegetable I cannot currently remember).

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Surprisingly, I like brussel sprouts too. You have to cut an X where the root connects before you cook them, so they aren't as bitter.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet potato. Pumpkin.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
zucchinni, grilled with some rock salt and cracked pepper.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Medium rare steak is my favorite vegetable.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
zucchinni, grilled with some rock salt and cracked pepper.

I do this with a bit of olive oil and some lemon pepper seasoning. Love the grilled veggies

I also am also liking roast aubergine, grilled portabellos, blanched then grilled asparagus and artichokes these days

I am afraid of peas though. I dont think that it is right that they are so round and perfect. The skin is deceiving also. I think that they are mocking me

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ohhh, and huge beefsteak tomatos sliced with salt and lots of pepper

And as one of my Indian collegues reminds me... Beer is vegetarian... So must be vegetable... 3-5 servings per day

K

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chinese broccoli, asparagus, eggplant, and tomato.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 135 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 252 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.9%
  • 31 - 40