1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vegas

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by CTGuy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r Senior member

I think the seafood restaurant in Venetian with the waterfall walls is AquaKnox.

Try David Burke in the Venetian.

Oh.. just for grins....

Try "The Green Door." [​IMG]

2. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

If you're in the mood for a great burger, hit up the Burger Bar in Mandalay Bay for a Kobe burger. I have to get one every time I go to Vegas, it's like a compulsion. Have it with a nice draft Guinness and life is good.

3. CTGuy

CTGuy Senior member

If you're in the mood for a great burger, hit up the Burger Bar in Mandalay Bay for a Kobe burger. I have to get one every time I go to Vegas, it's like a compulsion. Have it with a nice draft Guinness and life is good.

I love me a good burger so I appreciate that one.

4. CTGuy

CTGuy Senior member

I don't suppose this has anything to do with ancient egypitan beliefs? [​IMG]

Wouldn't that be Ra?

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Wouldn't that be Ra?

No. ka, in simple terms = life force. In actual fact it's not that simple because the egyptians believed a multitude of things at once, some seemingly in conflict with the other, but it didn't bother them. The ba, ka, akh are all interelated, though their relationships changed with each other over time.

6. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

I love me a good burger so I appreciate that one.

So what are your thoughts on Louis Lunch

7. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Some friends of mine went to the Burger Bar last time we were in Vegas. They said it was terrible.

8. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

Some friends of mine went to the Burger Bar last time we were in Vegas. They said it was terrible.

Your friends are a bunch of fags.

9. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

I prefer the angus burger @ burger bar over the kobe. I have never been a fan of Kobe burgers due to the higher fat content....the angus has more flavor IMO.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I think the seafood restaurant in Venetian with the waterfall walls is AquaKnox.

Try David Burke in the Venetian.

Oh.. just for grins....

Try "The Green Door." [​IMG]

That sounds right, re: AquaKnox. It is a pretty cool room to eat in.

David Burke. Is that the brasserie type place with some nice foie? We might have stopped in there for something.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

My company might be flying me down next month for HD Expo. Not sure how long I'll be there for, but I might be there for 4-5 days. Might only be 2-3.

What are the current "must go" restaurants? I'm not a drinker/wine ignorant - so I don't really care about wine lists, etc. Just based on food alone. Oh, and also - be aware that I'll likely be on a budget of around $500 for my trip.

12. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

gonna be there this weekend. the foodie in the group recommended Craftsteak and Bouchon so that's where we'll be Fri/Sat.

-Jeff

13. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

When you find yourself with an afternoon and don't know what to do, drive the 45/60 mins north to the Ring of Fire (or whatever it's called). Pretty red rock formations. A little excursion to get away from the strip if the artificial stuff gets to be a bit too much. (youtube search: las vegas ring of fire - if you want a video)

14. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

My company might be flying me down next month for HD Expo. Not sure how long I'll be there for, but I might be there for 4-5 days. Might only be 2-3.

What are the current "must go" restaurants? I'm not a drinker/wine ignorant - so I don't really care about wine lists, etc. Just based on food alone. Oh, and also - be aware that I'll likely be on a budget of around $500 for my trip.

I'll be there about 2 weeks after you. L'Atelier is on my list, but that and catching Cirque's 'O' are the only things on my to-do list at the moment.

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Raku
    Twist (although you'll easily blow $500 for two there)
    L'Atelier
    Sage

Just about all the places are offering prix fixe deals.
    Check out the Wynn website for Taste of Wynn specials.
    Also the MGM Grand has a lot of similar deals.

16. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

(although you'll easily blow $500 for two there)
    I'm not expecting to pay for any hookers to join me for dinner. [​IMG]

17. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

gonna be there this weekend. the foodie in the group recommended Craftsteak and Bouchon so that's where we'll be Fri/Sat. -Jeff
    If you can replace your Craftsteak res. with either Charlie Palmers in Four Seasons or Prime at Bellagio, you will be much happier.

18. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

I'll be there about 2 weeks after you. L'Atelier is on my list, but that and catching Cirque's 'O' are the only things on my to-do list at the moment.
    There was a discussion on Ka earlier. I thought it was much much better than O. YMMV... some people really love O.

19. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

vegas baby vegas

20. Agent GQ

Agent GQ Member

I was about to go off on most everyone in this thread, excluding TokyoSlim, and challenge their manhood for having their Vegas trips consist of such tame and boring activities (tame and boring to me, a 25 year old male - it's all relative).

It then occured to me that maybe everyone who posted in this thread isn't near my age and may be much older (30's, 40's, married). Even though I am young and brash I still remember to use the 'think before you speak/post' function from time to time.

So out of curiosity how old are most of you who posted in this thread?

TokyoSlim - If you're near my age range I'll post my "Vegas 3 Night How-To" Guide based on my past Vegas experiences. I will do my best to help you prepare to enjoy many of the vices of Sin City on a limited budget.