1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vegas Restaurants

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Lucky7, Jan 12, 2009.

1. acecow

acecow Senior member

Bouchon is always good.

Abriya RAKU Japanese Grill is in the top 3 Japanese restaurants I've ever been to. Authentic, cozy, small, moderately expensive, off the strip. Not sure he'd want to go to a Japanese place in America, but if he feels like it, that's your spot. Get a reservation.

2. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Not close to high end and its pretty casual but maybe Rao's? Its hard to get into the NY location and the japanese sure do love their spaghetti. And its a short walk across from Bellagio, then right near the front of Cesars. I went once, its just solid typical old school italian food. Its not outstanding, but I'm glad I tried it out at least once for their famed meatballs and spaghetti.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

If you are staying in the Bellagio make sure to put Picasso on your list. Jackets preferred.

4. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

anyone been to mortons there? I have a gift card and might use, is it hard to get a cab there and back? (or not worth to do so)?

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

high level guys from a 500 mil company in Japan, probably 100 bucks a head plus wine, but that could go up a little.

6. globetrotter

cool, that looks good.

7. globetrotter

this sounds like it could work. I've done steak with them and sushi, italian sounds good.

8. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

9. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Joe's stone crab in the Cesar forum is another option but its clear on the opposite site of the resort

10. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

At $100 for food only, I'm a big fan of Nob Hill. If iammatt is reading this, he'll shit on it because he thinks Michael Mina is the anti-christ, but Nob Hill has always been solid, has a great wine selection, and has some decent variety. It's in MGM. Aureole in Mandalay might be a good choice as well.

And I'm currently in love with Sage and JS Tapas in Aria.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  11. rollafan

rollafan Senior member

Always wanted to try stone crabs ever since I watched it on the travel channel. I might try it when I go to Vegas on the 9th. [​IMG]

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Been to Seranno's Tapas. The only dish that stands out in my memory was the mass of baby eels.

13. globetrotter

thanks guys - Ron, I apprectiate your input cause I think you were the one (although it might have been SFFields) who introduced me to David Burke.

14. Aditi190

Aditi190 Active Member

I don't have any idea about any other restaurants in Vegas. We visited to Vegas for some official business meeting and we had been to the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. It is really an awesome place and all facilities are superb.

15. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Its a bit touristy, but I've really enjoyed having dinner outside everytime I've gone to Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. Steak frittes weren't bad.

16. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Eiffel tower is jean joho of everest. The patio at mon ami Gabi is awesome.. Great view of the fountains and you can hear the music

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Okay, need help. We'll be there two weeks from Friday. So, Friday night is Aquaknox. No foie. Saturday night is Bouchon's. Their foie is a torchon and was not happy with it last time I was there. So where can I walk into for a glass of wine and foie, preferably in the Venetiaon complex? Maybe Pinot Brasserie?

18. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Go across the street to Guy Savoy. If Alex were still in the Wynn, I'd suggest that... I have not found the dining in the Venetian that exciting.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Speaking of the Wynn, never been in there. We've got those fancy seats for the early show of Le Reve. Will head over a few hours early to explore. Any good walk in places there to have a glass and some nosh?

20. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

It's very steaky.... La Cave looks good... but as a non-wine drinker, I've never been there. Quite honestly, I do not eat there much, except for the buffet occasionally. I ate at one of the azn places once (not wing lei) and was very underwhelmed. Too bad boulud and takashi yagihashi are no longer there.

BTW - Bouchon is still my favorite place in Vegas - but I forget it's in the Venetian sometimes.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012