• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegas Restaurant Choice: Boulud or Bouchon?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Vegas this weekend. I'd like to try either Daniel Boulud's place or Bouchon. Thoughts on either?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bouchon is exceptional.

I have not been to the DB at the Wynn, but I went to his lower end place in Manhattan and I was sorely disappointed.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Boulud
Service is better. Trippy water show.

Bouchon is good for breakfast.

hitsu

Reaction score
seconding bouchon, although if you could up the ante I would also suggest either of Robuchon's restaurants at the MGM.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I reserved Bouchon. I'll see if I can convince my friends to have another good meal while we're out there.

MsMcGillicuddy

Reaction score
Diego at MGM is still responsible for the best dinner I've ever had in Vegas.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need Trotter and Robuchon while you're out there.

In fact I'd rather go to either of them than Bouchon.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There are plenty of dining deals to be had in Vegas right now.

L'Atelier has a $79 5 course menu.
There's a 3 course for $39 but it's before 7 or something like that.

Robuchon has choices starting at $89.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never been to Boulud (usually don't eat dinners in vegas) but I've done Bouchon a bunch of times. Bouchon is pretty solid, not outstanding...but a good brunch spot nonetheless.

get the smoked salmon rilletes, those are DAMN good. Usually get the moule frites which is pretty solid...as is the croque madam. didn't dig the chicken and waffles, although their waffles are very good (their butter is great)...can't beat roscoes!

Saigon

Reaction score
I would second that the service is better at Boulud, although i've only been there once. I think my memory is tainted by the fact that the last time I went to Bouchon, the service was atrocious. The times before that it was good, but didnt seem as polished as DB. IIRC, Boulud had a really good early deal that included country pate, the DB burger, and other solid signature dishes as a 3 course prix fix for about $50.

I would still try to get to Bouchon for breakfast, if you can fit it in your budget.. Their pastries and bread-pudding french toast are fantastic. Get there early though, as its hella busy for breakfast.

Even though it wasn't an original choice, i would definitely take L'atelier Joel Robuchon over them both, though it will probably cost significantly more, depending on your beverages. If the menu decouvert is on special right now, thats an even better reason to go. Also, get counter seats.

rlx

Reaction score
I think Trotter closed in LV.

My favorite is Aquaknox.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There was a Charlie Trotter restaurant in the MGM Grand that closed a long time ago.
His new place in the Palazzo is open although there's talk that it isn't doing that well.

The Discovery menu at L'Atelier is not on special and is $148 (was there last week).
We ordered the 5 course special and I supplemented it with the foie gras burgers.

For the Boulud prix fixe deal, you have to be there before 7 and it doesn't include the burger.
It's 2 courses for $36 or 3 for $42.

rlx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
There was a Charlie Trotter restaurant in the MGM Grand that closed a long time ago.
His new place in the Palazzo is open although there's talk that it isn't doing that well.

Thanks. Didn't know that, but never dined at the LV place. Did dine at the original Chicago Trotters. It was worth the adventure, but I have no desire to repeat.

Wick

Reaction score
Robuchon is a must. One of my favorites. I'd also pick it over Boulud. Haven't been to Bouchon, but wasn't impressed with the French Laundry. Not sure if Bouchon is better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads