• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegas for bachelor party...some advice needed

Dnsource

Reaction score

I don't really understand questions like this. Have you never gone to a club before? What do you usually wear? Adjust that accordingly based on the club you are planning on going to, dress it up or down based on the venue.

My advice would be to buy a used suit; something you won't cry over if it get torn, drinks spilled on it, makeup smeared on it, set on fire, etc. You're going to a bachelor party in Vegas for christ's sake! Do you really want to be the guy in the corner wearing a bow tie and being afraid to get his clothes dirty?

I've been to a club many times. Btw, its my bachelor party and I want to look sharp! I'm new to this forum, I see the nice combinations you guys put out. I wanted to do something nice but also appropriate for a club, not looking like a douche that just left work. I don't really dress up in suits to clubs, that's why I'm here for advice.

Last edited:

Chillax

Reaction score

I've been to a club many times. Btw, its my bachelor party and I want to look sharp! I'm new to this forum, I see the nice combinations you guys put out. I wanted to do something nice but also appropriate for a club, not looking like a douche that just left work. I don't really dress up in suits to clubs, that's why I'm here for advice.

I see what you're getting at, but realize that nightclub sharp is different than office/classical dressing sharp. Especially when the nightclub is in Vegas and it's your bachelor party. You'll need to amp it up.
Start with a black suit. If you don't have one already I would buy a used Hugo Boss off Ebay- they are inexpensive and have a youngish fashionable look. Other similar brands to look at are Zara and Kenneth Cole. Have the suit tailored to fit-this is vital
Add an Etro shirt -they have many wild colors and patterns. Again easily had on Ebay
No tie
Black belt, either plain dress or fashion belt with larger buckle
Brightly colored patterned socks that pick up on one of your shirt colors
Black shoes-best would be Euros such as Ferragamo, Magli, Bally, Magnanni, Mezlan, they are sleeker.Ebay/B&S/online discounters (no square toes)
Party all night :slayer:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dress as you normally dress. It is Vegas, you are there for fun, not there for a convention. Playing dress up for no real reason does not sound fun to me, each to their own I suppose.

Dnsource

Reaction score

I see what you're getting at, but realize that nightclub sharp is different than office/classical dressing sharp. Especially when the nightclub is in Vegas and it's your bachelor party. You'll need to amp it up.
Start with a black suit. If you don't have one already I would buy a used Hugo Boss off Ebay- they are inexpensive and have a youngish fashionable look. Other similar brands to look at are Zara and Kenneth Cole. Have the suit tailored to fit-this is vital
Add an Etro shirt -they have many wild colors and patterns. Again easily had on Ebay
No tie
Black shoes-best would be Euros such as Ferragamo, Magli, Bally, Magnanni, Mezlan, they are sleeker.Ebay/B&S/online discounters (no square toes)
Party all night :slayer:

Thanks for the help guys... This one here sounds just like my fit! I actually have a Ralph Laurence suit from a couple years back, which I haven't worn since. The pants fit too wide and overall suit feels wide. I hope I can have it tailored to a slimmer fit. I will post up pics later.

If I can get it tailored then I have to find a shirt on the bay quick!

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hard to say, a lot of people in LV dress like ****** tourists from Topeka because they are.

This is the key insight in this thread. Las Vegas isn't what it was in the 1950's and 60's when it had a sort of edgy gangster elegance. For some reason, when it comes to Las Vegas, some people think James Bond when they should be thinking NASCAR.

Seriously: Dress sharp: black shoes, charcoal pants, jacket, collared shirt , white ps. Or something along the lines.

No. This is a hopeless no-man's land. It will be a massive failure. When it comes to Vegas, you have to go big or go Amjack. And going big in Vegas is really a waste of effort at the end of the day.

No tie

Well, pretty close to Amjack. If an Amjack were to "dress up", it would probably be in a black suit, Mezlan shoes, giant belt buckle and no tie.

BTW, the heat isn't a huge issue as you will be indoors all the time anyway where it could be 10 or a 110 outside and you wouldn't know the difference.

In the end, you can do one of two things in Vegas. You can have the VIP experience, which is expensive but amusing in a crass sort of way. If you want to do this, you dress full-on rat pack and pretend to be Frank Sinatra, or at least Joey Bishop.

If you want to go for the far more common Vegas bachelor party, dress Amjack as you will fit right in. It pains me to say that you will actually be better dressed, if that's the word for it, than the average Topeka tourist. But if you try for some middle-ground, e.g. sports coat and pocket square, you will look a complete prat. Unfortunately, that's just the way Vegas is.

Dnsource

Reaction score
Some of those etro shirts have some crazy designs. Other than that most are striped, I feel like I can get that same design locally. Unless the quality is a+

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OP - maybe this will give you some ideas. This is a silk suit I ebayed for a good price and find it useful in situations such as these. If I posted this in WAYWRN likely it would get cries of horror, but I think for nice clubs in Vegas it would be just the thing. But you can decide for yourself what you think:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Serious response:

Tom Ford: Suit, White Shirt with 3 buttons open, Alligator Loafers

I like this route. I also tend to think of "night club wear" as Daniel Craig in Layer Cake. Interesting yet not loud blazer, tailored raw denim, white button front and wing tips.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You got some splainin to do, DN.

Here is what you posted in a different thread.

I am going to a fashion show event this month for the school of my special needs clients. It's a huge Fundraiser they have every year. Due to the diffent trips of people this event attracts and it is during the day you get a little bit of everything when it comes to attire. My wife and I usually dress up nice, she wore a long satin dress last year(she was also 9months pregnant this was her baby shower dress) and I wore dress pants and a matching jacket, maybe a tie? This year I plan on wearing a grey suit from express it also has a vest ( I know I have a lot to learn) and would like suggestions on how to pair it off.

I also have a black express suit with pinstripes... This might not work since it's a day time event.

Thanks
J

Do you live in rural Utah, or what?

Dnsource

Reaction score

You got some splainin to do, DN.

Here is what you posted in a different thread.

Do you live in rural Utah, or what?

I hate using fiance lol.

We live together, a baby boy and Latin parents always introducing my fiance as my wife.. and that's the way the cookie crumbles

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads